Loud Hard Top

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Just fyi. They replaced the passenger door seal on mine. Said it was the wrong seal for the Gladiator. It seemed to help some. Check to see if most of the noise is coming from the upper area between the door and windshield. I have the premium soft top.
Thanks yes it totally is. Stays the same noise source regardless of hard or soft top. There's a big gap outside there at the windshield hinge and I doubt the attempt from factory to seal all the air down low is sufficient.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Help! My Jeep is:
  • Noisy
  • Steering badly
  • Riding roughly on solid axles
  • Not high quality
  • Getting rock chips on the windshield
  • Not shifting easily into 4WD
  • Not like my last car/truck
  • Made by FCA

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
which headliner? been thinking of the Hotheads one, but still unsure if it will be worth the $$$

also still waiting for weather to get better here so I can remove the top and lube/adjust as well
Boom mat $279 with a $30 gift card from quadratec. Made a big difference for noise and temp. Had to do a little trimming but turned out nice.

44229E48-CEA9-41F3-B943-43ABB86C608F.jpeg

605A8298-A754-4731-9CC1-B1F9ADACA490.jpeg

SgtMajTomahawk

First Name
Lawren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My 2011 JKU with soft top sounded like a wind tunnel above 50mph this new JT hard top is like a Cadillac by comparison. I have seen reviews of the different panel insulation and how that alone can cut down on the noise in the cabin.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I like it - loud, noisy and obnoxious.

Makes me glad to be alive.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
No noticable different in noise on mine. Just got back from a 700 mile round trip to Elizabeth City in windy rainy weather and mine seemed pretty quiet even at 70+ mph. A lot quieter than my 2010 JKU was.

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
So, before we go forward: yes, I understand it’s a Jeep! This is my second one with a hard top so I got it!

with that said, it seems like the top is kind of loud after 60 MPH. I checked the seal in the back, passengers side corner (seems the loudest back there) along the door and everything seems fine. Wondering what other people are experiencing. Thanks for any feedback!
Edit: yes, it’s the factory hardtop with no headliners
I do get a lot of wind noise about 60 mph, but in terms of road or engine noise, it's very quiet. Has anyone tried the insulation kit for the headliner? Does it help? It wasn't available when I bought my Overland, but I see it now on Mopar's site...

Crank up the tunes to compensate! :)

-Erik

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
For me I feel that it’s about what I expected. Overall, I have gotten used to it, even on long highway drives.

I will say that the microphone for the hands free calls is excellent. Even with freedom panels off, people on the other side can hear me clearly. Great noise cancelling.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
So, before we go forward: yes, I understand it’s a Jeep! This is my second one with a hard top so I got it!

with that said, it seems like the top is kind of loud after 60 MPH. I checked the seal in the back, passengers side corner (seems the loudest back there) along the door and everything seems fine. Wondering what other people are experiencing. Thanks for any feedback!
My theory is that over time slamming aluminum doors makes them louder

Sponsored

JeepTX

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator

. This didn't come out quite like I wanted it to but hope it helps. I couldn't handle the noise at 60mph plus - the service manager rode with me and got involved.

View attachment 69549 View attachment 69549

View attachment 69553

IMG_2488.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Are you panels all in alignment? You can adjust the brackets that lock down the freedom panels. Or have your dealer do it. Best thing to do would be to go take a similar optioned model from the dealer for a test ride and see how that sounds. That will help you know if it's your Jeep or just a "Jeep thing"
Would this also cause noise when the Sunrider top is installed? My drivers side is way noisier than passenger side. On our recent 3000 mile trip, my wife heard the driver's side noise from her seat whenever we were over 50 mph (which was like the whole time). If so, how are these adjusted? Just for tightness or also alignment? Any link to how to do this properly? TIA

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Help! My Jeep is:
  • Noisy
  • Steering badly
  • Riding roughly on solid axles
  • Not high quality
  • Getting rock chips on the windshield
  • Not shifting easily into 4WD
  • Not like my last car/truck
  • Made by FCA
Hahahaha. ALL OF THIS!! People buy a Jeep for looks and then complain about the very things that other people begged FCA to keep on the new generation. I drove doorless and roofless in light snow conditions 1000 miles round-trip to the Grand Canyon in a poorly geared manual transmission JK. You wanna learn what a Jeep feels like, try that.
Sponsored