Hard top

Wild Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
I seem to be getting wind noise on the passenger side of my hard top. Are there any adjustments that can be made to tighten it
Sponsored

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
I had the same issue but found some bolts weren’t as tight as they should have been. Went around and retightened and all noise went away. I’m think the weather (northeast) hot/cold loosened them up a bit

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Same here. I had to just take the top off and redo the levers so that the rubber casing was a bit more snug... Idk if there is a technique but it took a couple of tries, cuz I only hear wind noise past 40mph.
Hi, I’m getting wind noise as well on the passenger side around 50. How did you adjust the levers? Thanks..

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I get wind from driver side panel (upper left corner it seems). Have not had a chance to see if I can fix it. Coming from a softop JK ...I hardly notice it =P

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Hi, I’m getting wind noise as well on the passenger side around 50. How did you adjust the levers? Thanks..
I am traveling right now so can't take any pics, but I loosened and then tightened the levers that you snap for the top and made sure the rubber casing/seal/gasket(?) aligns properly and pressed hard down - used a ladder on the side... It took me a couple of tries. I have a feeling I might have to live with a bit of noise over time LOL. But, the steady whistling noise was gone after I made sure it fit snugly... It took me a couple of tries of resetting it and driving to test it...

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Not sure if this is related to your issue but on my JK if I put the freedom panel on in my driveway which is sloped it would cause issues. It might be worth taking off the freedom panels and putting them back on while parked in a level spot. You probably want to get on a ladder and get some pics off the fit of the freedom panel for reference before doing it incase it doesn’t fix it you can see if one side is up more than the other or something like that.
Sponsored