Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Getting in the weeds here, but any advice on rain fly’s for a more full-time top off solution? I need to search the board as I’m sure this has been covered.
I try to keep a low cost tarp and bungee cords at least if not running a top and doors. If you do leave top off do remove drain plugs...... If you need to know why. ;) it will probably rain then you’ll know. :like: 😳:headbang::headbang:
Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
I’m definitely in the discovery phase of ownership but I have that about that! I wanted to see how the top off experience was…and it’s amazing haha.

Here’s the thing… No offense but I hate the way the roof looks when down. That’s not a deal breaker though cuz I’m about efficiency. It’s just ashamed there is a cleaner solution.

Getting in the weeds here, but any advice on rain fly’s for a more full-time top off solution? I need to search the board as I’m sure this has been covered.
I got the mopar one off amazon for like $150. Works great and I use it a lot.
Jeep Gladiator One person hard top removal 1658753805052

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Doms Glad

First Name
Trav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Fml wish I’d have searched this thread. Took mine off by myself and mostly got it - but almost had a little disaster. Filmed it no less :swear: I think it would be much easier to just lay on a bed cover and slide off the side.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Fml wish I’d have searched this thread. Took mine off by myself and mostly got it - but almost had a little disaster. Filmed it no less :swear: I think it would be much easier to just lay on a bed cover and slide off the side.

Just climb in the bed and pull it off that way. Don't do it from inside the cab. Hopefully no real damage from that. Put some towels or some moving blankets down on the top of the bed so you don't mar the plastic rails. It's easy. Open the tailgate. Open the back sliding window, then climb in the bed. Then grip the inside of the roof through the window. When you get to the edge of the bed, put the top down on the bed, climb off the open tailgate, and then pick the top back up again through the window, and carry it where you want.

You're doing it the hard/dangerous way

Sponsored

Doms Glad

First Name
Trav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Yeah that is for sure the better way. I just didn’t think through it before hand and thought I could just jump down off the bed

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that is for sure the better way. I just didn’t think through it before hand and thought I could just jump down off the bed
I noticed that almost jump from the bed... I watched video after reading your post. I said out loud even Oh S### seeing you head of tailgate. Glad to see you didn't.
Sponsored