Sponsored

how to distinguish between Tazer JL mini and JL lite?

Ram.Sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2022
Hello all,

I've received a Tazer as a gift and I can't find a way to know if it is a Tazer JL mini or JL lite? (I have a different JL mini married to my car)

any suggestions?

Cheers,
RS

Jeep Gladiator how to distinguish between Tazer JL mini and JL lite? MiniOrLite
Sponsored

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Without contacting Tazer you could marry it to your Jeep and see which options are available. Physically they are the exact same, features are software restricted in the lite. Or you might be able to click upgrade and see if tells you it's already upgraded to the mini or not.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Hm, I got a Tazer in the woot.com deal some months ago, which was a real mess with lots of Tazer Lites being shipped out in Tazer Mini boxes, many upset people etc. The one I received was in a box with a Tazer Lite sticker on one side, and Tazer Mini sticker on another side.

Anyway the notes I made at the time are that the firmware version number ending in d0v2 is the Lite, and d1v2 is the Mini. If that holds, looks like the new one is a Lite. You can upgrade it to Mini for $125...

Trying to find the original thread where I learned about the d0 vs d1 version number...

(The woot deal was a good price for a Mini, and some people did get Minis, but it was more than MSRP for a Lite. In the end mine was a Lite and I was able to return it for free, so no real damage done other than being very leery of ever buying something from woot again)

OP
OP
Ram.Sh

Ram.Sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2022
Without contacting Tazer you could marry it to your Jeep and see which options are available. Physically they are the exact same, features are software restricted in the lite. Or you might be able to click upgrade and see if tells you it's already upgraded to the mini or not.

Thank much!

i wouldn't unmarry my current tazer after configuring it exactly as I wanted (all beside Auto Park that for some reason, isn't available anymore) it's not worth the hassle just to figure this out :)

I tried the upgrade suggestion, see video:.

OP
OP
Ram.Sh

Ram.Sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2022
Anyway the notes I made at the time are that the firmware version number ending in d0v2 is the Lite, and d1v2 is the Mini.

that's a good lead, I'll look for further data, thx much!
Sponsored