I HAVE COMPLAINTS

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
Those FCA bastards made the engine bay the perfect size to drop in a 6.4 hemi causing me to divert some reserved funds requiring my youngest to only be able to afford community college. It’s all their fault she won’t get a good job!
Look like it's a great opportunity to me... send her to the right Community College and she could do the drop in... or at least assist.... there could be a business idea there.. Cheers!
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
WHY DID JEEP EVEN MAKE THIS THING? SO MANY THINGS WRONG
When I arrive at work, I don't wanna park and go inside, I want to keep driving. I'm gonna get in trouble with my boss!

When the top is off, I get sun in my face.

Makes friends envious.

Makes me dream up new accessories I must have!

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Look like it's a great opportunity to me... send her to the right Community College and she could do the drop in... or at least assist.... there could be a business idea there.. Cheers!
Good point!

Just like her mom helped me with the Cobra! I like it!

10A82973-AF36-42CD-90E0-8DCB99F4F7FC.jpeg

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
Those FCA bastards made the engine bay the perfect size to drop in a 6.4 hemi causing me to divert some reserved funds requiring my youngest to only be able to afford community college. It’s all their fault she won’t get a good job!
So what's wrong with community College?
Pretty ignorant statement about not getting a good job.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Reality is that community college grads actually stand a better chance these days - so take heart.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And people just won't leave me alone at the gas station. What they never heard of the internet! Ask Google how much it cost, gas mileage, yada yada yada...
I've been stopped at stores and stations at least 4 times - people telling me how cool it looks, they LOVE the blue, they ask me how I like it - often they are Jeep people, owning Wranglers and/or Grand Cherokees. Last two were women who said their husbands had been looking at the JT and talking about getting one - after talking to me the ladies seemed more open to their husbands getting a JT.
But then I was already used to it - when you drive a very rare bird, you are used to getting stopped and asked a bunch of questions.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say is I finally have a vehicle that I have an absolute blast driving. How dare FCA do such a thing to me!

FCA has also totally wrecked my relationship with Mother Nature, that bitch and her thing called rain. Can’t she see I now have a convertible truck and keep that wet shit to herself????

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Why can’t mine have lane keep assist. Hate having to drive it myself!
Bought a manvan a couple weeks ago that has lane assist. I was disappointed in its ability to hold the lane for very long. I get they don’t want us totally relying on it, but it isn’t very good on the Honda Odyssey.

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach
So what's wrong with community College?
Pretty ignorant statement about not getting a good job.
I realize my humor is not for everyone and that without voice inflection and facial expression it can fall flat, even though this whole thread is about sarcasm.

Here is the reality. I graduated from community college.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say is I finally have a vehicle that I have an absolute blast driving. How dare FCA do such a thing to me!

FCA has also totally wrecked my relationship with Mother Nature, that bitch and her thing called rain. Can’t she see I now have a convertible truck and keep that wet shit to herself????
I'll take that wet stuff so we have something to drink and bath in next month - well getting low.
Besides, I'll just hop in one of the other Jeeps if you send it our way......... LOL A jeep for every occasion? Who'd have thunk?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I realize my humor is not for everyone and that without voice inflection and facial expression it can fall flat, even though this whole thread is about sarcasm.

Here is the reality. I graduated from community college.
It might work - or have worked (your sarcasm) but in our area, the CCs are having trouble getting students because some folks have others convinced you can't succeed without that 4 year degree. So programs are closing down...... and factories around here suffering. So maybe some feel a pinch when they read your post.
Obviously, your CC days didn't hold you back any, still successful.

Your first sentence really nails a lot of what happens on social mediocre....... and like my brothers, and our mother before us, our humor is VERY dry and hard to determine as such "unless you are there". My wife can't stand being around my brothers. (oddly enough, she deals with me)
Carry on, carry forward.

I filled out a survey for Jeep last night - the "owner satisfaction" or whatever the heck it's called. I really struggled with it as I had to much to say to them - how can we improve, for example. Stupid question. It's obvious to me.
I wanted to say "not sure you can".
They wantede to know why I rated comfort and appearance so high. DUH. You have to ask?

The book has too much information. It's too thick, that package barely fits the glove box. Stop giving so much helpful info. What is Jeep trying to do? Encourage reading in America?
It's causing me to have to pay more in insurance - I can't limit myself to 7500 miles a year in this thing. My Chevy, that was simple - I rarely ever hit 7,000 a year but this dumb thing is costing me extra insurance because I can't stand to not drive it.

Last edited:

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach
Well said. Before I retired from USAA in 2017, I was on the SA Works Board. Our primary objective was to convince parents and theIr high school aged kids that vocational training, particularly plumbing, electrician, HVAC and construction were real careers with significant upside career and earnings potential. The biggest challenges were the parents that believed a four year college education was the only answer, followed by their kids who felt this kind of work was beneath them. Those that got it, set out on potentially lucrative six figure careers.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well said. Before I retired from USAA in 2017, I was on the SA Works Board. Our primary objective was to convince parents and theIr high school aged kids that vocational training, particularly plumbing, electrician, HVAC and construction were real careers with significant upside career and earnings potential. The biggest challenges were the parents that believed a four year college education was the only answer, followed by their kids who felt this kind of work was beneath them. Those that got it, set out on potentially lucrative six figure careers.
A WHO radio personality, had a call-in show one time where he was talking 4 year vs. trade school or community college. Most of the callers were either trades graduates or community college grads - some worked their way up via union programs. A couple of the callers were multi-millionaires. One guy said he worked for another outfit, got his training, saved his money and he and another guy started their own company. He said he was worth over 4 million. No college. Others made it through military training and benefits.
When I was frustrated with the politics and atmosphere at work a number of years ago, I talked with a friend who is a Mercedes tech in the Germantown area. He said with my auto background and networking, experience with fiber and so on, I could work for Mercedes and make 6 figures easy. I eventually worked things out at work and ended up going as high as I wanted to go (I told the boss I'd refuse any further promotions) - and retired when I wanted as I wanted.
Not well-to-do, not "rich" but ok.
All self-taught in computers, servers, networking, security, etc. - taught classes at Symantec once. My community college degree is in automotive.
My ADHD held me back big-time. Social anxiety, OCD, sometimes I feel like Howie Mandel

Now I need to find a way to make my JT burn more gas, ride rougher and make the seats more like rocks.
Sponsored