First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
At this moment, I don't appear to have an issue. But I am curious if jump starting another vehicle could affect the IBS.

The wife was out with the Gladiator to meet a coworker at the university. When they started to leave, the coworkers battery was dead and they had jumper cables. How handy? They jumped off the car and all was good; not fires or no shorted out electrical systems. This procedure was performed by two of the least informed people on earth, on basic automotive practices. She was proud of herself, until I popped that bubble. I showed her pictures of the two Gladiators burned up and the one burned up after the dealer had worked on it. She then told me that it wouldn't happen again.

I did make it difficult to reach the fender ground post with the relay mod, so she did use the negative cable at top post below the IBS. Would anyone know if this connection have a different effect over having the jump cable hooked to the cable on top of the IBS?

The wife says the ESS functioned as soon as the engine warmed up and the battery charging message was not there like normal.
Sponsored

Last edited: