Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
@Sonoran_Mohavey I did not want to dirty up your build thread anymore than my questions, and also let @The White Rabbit know It did not take a ring.
:CWL:
Anyway, It's official

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1643245356513

I almost bought it yesterday. I had put it in my cart, but then didn't pull the trigger and was sleeping on it. When I checked my email this morning, iKamper sent me a $100 coupon to entice me. Between that, and knowing that just about everything is having serious supply chain issues, I decided to go for it.

I have a Fishbone Half Height rack waiting to be installed to support this.
Now I will have it way in advance of the warm weather and am really looking forward to some weekend wheeling.
Sponsored

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
@Sonoran_Mohavey I did not want to dirty up your build thread anymore than my questions, and also let @The White Rabbit know It did not take a ring.
:CWL:
Anyway, It's official

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1643245356513

I almost bought it yesterday. I had put it in my cart, but then didn't pull the trigger and was sleeping on it. When I checked my email this morning, iKamper sent me a $100 coupon to entice me. Between that, and knowing that just about everything is having serious supply chain issues, I decided to go for it.

I have a Fishbone Half Height rack waiting to be installed to support this.
Now I will have it way in advance of the warm weather and am really looking forward to some weekend wheeling.
congrats! You are going to love it. Be sure to “weather” it when you get it. Get it wet and then dry it. It will tighten the fabric up

OP
OP
Elff

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
That's a great idea. I will definitely do that.
I am like a kid before Christmas. Can't wait to get it!

Thanks for the replies to my questions. I really appreciate the help.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
That's a great idea. I will definitely do that.
I am like a kid before Christmas. Can't wait to get it!

Thanks for the replies to my questions. I really appreciate the help.
Been on the fence about getting the mini? I wonder if I put it in my cart and leave it for 10-12 day’s, if they will take off a $100 per day like they did you? 🤣🤣

OP
OP
Elff

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
I will be honest,
I actually thought about waiting even longer to see if the coupon amount would increase
Then my wife called me an idiot and I quote told me to "Just order the damn thing"
:LOL:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Elff

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Awwwwww Yeaaaaa

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1643464303443

OP
OP
Elff

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Did some pre work for the iKamper today.

I installed my Fishbone 1/2 height Tackle Rack

Apparently too many people were installing these with impact guns to the point where Fishbone stopped sending them out with Nylon lock nuts. What's funny is both Fishbone and Quadratec have install videos with people using impact guns. LOL
Mine came with lock washers for for every bolt. I also used loctite on the bolts that hold it to the bed. I do not have the Mopar Rail system, but Fishbone provides 2 mounting options. I now have 10 bolts and 10 rectangular nuts that fit the Rail system.

It was a really easy install. Just turning bolts. They provide pre-cut padding for the main sections that actually rest on the truck bed and then padding you can cut to length for the 2 top supports and the 2 side pieces where you hang all of your accessories. I will say, the packing is ridiculous. It was harder for me to get it out of the spray foam than it was to install. I will say, there is zero chance of this being damaged in transit.

Now I just need to get my iKamper and get that mounted up.

What's also nice, is it looks like I can install a specific Tonneau with this rack and still have lockable storage underneath it. They show it installed with an Access Lightrider, which isn't too expensive, I may have to check that out.

Anyway, who cares about all of the words above, I know people simply want pictures.
Please ignore all of the Brine. My state is adamant about putting that crap down in a ratio of
Brine:snow of 4:1 I did clean the inside and top of the Bed really well before I started. It's pretty hilarious how shiny that is compared to everything else

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1643755049170

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1643755088417

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1643755131210

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1643755158071

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1643755198243

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1643755277104

OP
OP
Elff

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Finally got my iKamper. It's already mounted and tested. It's amazing how easy it is to open and close this.

Here are the pics.

It fits so perfect on the Gladiator. I am also pretty happy with the Half Rack because I still have a decent amount of visibility through the rear window, but the front of the iKamper is below the top of the roof line. Should have good aerodynamics. Benefits of being short as $h1t. :LOL:

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644689992621

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644690042205

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644692818326

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644690321250

The brackets that come with the iKamper are not designed to work with a typical bed rack. The are really designed for the standard roof rails that are mounted on cars.
As such, I used a combination of their 1.0 brackets and some 3/8" Channel nuts, bolts and washers. Thanks @Sonoran_Mohavey !
Here is how it worked out
This is at the rear most part of the top rails I cut off the extra bolt length and it looks like I left a piece.
Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644693387017

I mounted a bolt through the center hoop and top rail at the cross
Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644693455030

and 2 more bolts on the top rails just behind the rear window.
Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644693496655

This RTT is not going anywhere

Once mounted I opened it up to let it air out

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644693890671

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644693622623

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644693673754

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644693711705

With the iKamper being installed on a half rack, I do not have enough room to install the metal bars that hold up the window shade, but I can roll it up, so it's not a big deal. They hit the rear window. I can probably bend the bars to fix this, so that may be a future task, but nothing that really matters.

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644693809701

Inside is really roomy, especially for someone who is 5'5" and 145lbs. The world map is especially cool

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644694023442

I am actually pretty happy with the padding. I thought it may be too thin, but it's very comfortable.
This picture was with me lying down and looking out the entrance
Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644694073606

and you can open up the top for a nice view of the sky
Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644694111040

I literally have nothing I can nit pick on this. To me, it was worth every penny. On a warmer day, I am going to soak it down to get the canvas fibers seal up and make it completely water tight.

OP
OP
Elff

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
I guess I should change this thread to a build thread.
I also installed my bed rug and weather tech tailgate protection.

Jeep Gladiator iKamper Skycamp Mini 1644694826001

Sponsored

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
I'm waiting to see the latest edition at the iKamper headquarters in Kent WA before placing an order, when I contacted them a few days ago they don't have the new version there yet, I'm guessing it all comes on a container in April.

OP
OP
Elff

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
The new version definitely has some nice upgrades, but nothing that made me want to wait and pay the new price.
If you can wait, before needing it, I would do so.
but if you can't the current lineup is awesome.

Bearmanpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I dug around the internet a while back and found a Korean video where a guy is showing all the upgrades. From what I could tell the annex is bigger, there some padding for the latter, the mattress is thicker and apparently the whole unit is a little bigger so you can keep your pillows and blankets in there. Then the little draw sting window opening and a map that doesn’t look like a 3 year old drew it. Not enough to make me want to sell mine and order pay extra for new in my humble opinion.

OP
OP
Elff

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
you have the F-ing Best Username

:LOL:

and some valid points

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
4 years ago my first trip with it was to Overland Expo East. All in, it cost me $3000, which includes the annex, awning, and canopy. I opted for the medium ladder at 94" in length.
My positive thoughts are:

1. This thing is HUGE! I mean it's absolutely cavernous. I'm a larger guy at 6'2" and 250lbs, and I fully believe you could fit 4 of me in here and sleep relatively comfortably. For sure 2 adults, 2 kids, and probably a dog or 2 would all fit at the same time. Absolutely ingenious.
2. Opening the tent is very straight forward and the initial setup takes about 60 sec. This is a huge plus to me.
3. Mounting is also very easy and straightforward. At only 160lbs it's relatively light, but the size requires 2 people, 3 if your roof or rack is over 6' off the ground, to lift and mount.

I am trying to visualize this, as it seemed (it measures to an extra long full size bed) about the size necessary for one large goat. LOL
Sponsored