First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude EcoDiesel
Occupation
InstrumentationTechnologist
I have been having problems with the "Incorrect DEF" warning coming and going on its own. Ive had it into the dealership twice and they can find no issues with it and are not listening to me when I tell them that there is 100% a problem with it. Well.... I am now 1,200 km from home and I just got the "Incorrect DEF - Engine will not start after 250 km" Does anyone know a trick how to clear this until I can get it back home and tear a fucking strip off the Dealership?

OP
OP
willhonkforparts

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
I have the Tazer light which I use to clear them. I don't believe there a way to do it without aftermarket support. It's likely that the DEF nozzle is clogging with crystallized DEF. Tell them to clean it and clear the code. Unfortunately this does nothing for your current t predicament.

Sponsored

Jakeyou

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I have been having problems with the "Incorrect DEF" warning coming and going on its own. Ive had it into the dealership twice and they can find no issues with it and are not listening to me when I tell them that there is 100% a problem with it. Well.... I am now 1,200 km from home and I just got the "Incorrect DEF - Engine will not start after 250 km" Does anyone know a trick how to clear this until I can get it back home and tear a fucking strip off the Dealership?
This might work...https://youtube.com/shorts/O-cWs8519KU?feature=share

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
I don't know if this helps, but I keep my def tank topped off. I have replaced a few def parts in the past and I used to add def when it got low, usually when I got down to the 5 or 6 hundred mile range. The idea was to use as much of the old def as possible. Operating this way gives the def time to dry and crystalize on the sensors and heater elements. Every tank I dropped looks clean inside. The pump housing and heater elements had lots of crystallized def covering them. When my last reductant heater failed, I replaced it and started keeping the tank topped off.
Some say that the def slushing around in the tank will dissolve those formed crystals, I say nay nay.
Sponsored