Increased Cost on New Toys

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
So just a bit of useless info here (LOL). You might want to hold off on buying new toys for your trucks if you feel the prices and wait time are to high and long. Shipping containers from Asia that used to cost $300-$400 are now running at $4000-$5000 and wait times to get space on vessels can be months then add in the wait time at the port could be months.
Overland trucking which used to be fairly reasonable has now tripled in cost.

Its likely companies have or will be passing on these increased cost to the consumer. No sign of things getting better till maybe next year.
Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Honestly with everything going on (inflation, supply line breakdowns, etc), I am not certain things are going to get better at all, at least not any time soon. I wouldn't be surprised if many things just stop becoming available all together, or at a minimum just continue to increase in price.

Hopefully that is not the case and things somehow get "back to normal", but honestly all of the signs are pointing in the opposite direction.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly with everything going on (inflation, supply line breakdowns, etc), I am not certain things are going to get better at all, at least not any time soon. I wouldn't be surprised if many things just stop becoming available all together, or at a minimum just continue to increase in price.

Hopefully that is not the case and things somehow get "back to normal", but honestly all of the signs are pointing in the opposite direction.
We are seeing no signs of things getting better on the logistics front. Estimations are till the end of the year at least.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
As long as "wants" don't continue in sales, hopefully things will return to normal.

The moment "wants" sales go to pre-COVID levels or near them - regardless of price - we (consumers) are f**ked. I will be really surprised if, for example, 9mm ammo returns to $.23/round. I've stopped hoping for pre-Sandy Hook pricing.

I'm a little surprised at how backed up everything is.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as "wants" don't continue in sales, hopefully things will return to normal.

The moment "wants" sales go to pre-COVID levels or near them - regardless of price - we (consumers) are f**ked. I will be really surprised if, for example, 9mm ammo returns to $.23/round. I've stopped hoping for pre-Sandy Hook pricing.

Its big time backed up. Some lanes will open back up perhaps in July but not the Asia lanes. Those are going to be messed up for some time. Carriers are putting on increased vessels but that won't solve it. Covid changed the entire dynamics of shopping and shipping. Along with almost total reliance on things manufactured in China and other Asian locations. Prices are crazy high and predicted to continue to climb in regards to shipping through out the year.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I would never pay more than $0.20/rd for 9mm that was my threshold for reloading. There are three years worth of backorders for PRIMERS right now and the big boys get priority over retail for reloaders. It's worse than 2008, which is when I decided I'd never be affected by this.

Kind of enjoying that Walmart left the ammo sales market and gave life back to LGS's across the nation. They're missing out on a legitimate profit, but that is partly why profiteers like Cheaper Than Dirt are getting away with it.

On a more boring note, my company just bought another tractor for internal use only, our delivery drivers all got a raise as well. There is almost NO availability for shipping we don't do ourselves, we had to drive large sanitary air handlers to New Mexico from California just recently.

CRAZY times.

tcracing

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Sales
So just a bit of useless info here (LOL). You might want to hold off on buying new toys for your trucks if you feel the prices and wait time are to high and long. Shipping containers from Asia that used to cost $300-$400 are now running at $4000-$5000 and wait times to get space on vessels can be months then add in the wait time at the port could be months.
Overland trucking which used to be fairly reasonable has now tripled in cost.

Its likely companies have or will be passing on these increased cost to the consumer. No sign of things getting better till maybe next year.
If you can get containers at $4000-$5000, let me know! They are double that price right now!

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I would never pay more than $0.20/rd for 9mm that was my threshold for reloading. There are three years worth of backorders for PRIMERS right now and the big boys get priority over retail for reloaders. It's worse than 2008, which is when I decided I'd never be affected by this.
CRAZY times.
Yep. After Sandy Hook I started reloading and set aside $100 per month for components. Primers were $20/1000, powder was less than $20 per pound, (even cheaper ion bulk) and bullets were always on sale from Sierra, Hornady, Xtreme and Berry's. I'm good through the Zombie Apocalypse.:like:

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can get containers at $4000-$5000, let me know! They are double that price right now!
Some lanes. China is insane cost now

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I was talking to a guy that works for a shipping company, and he was telling me that pallet prices and availability are insane! Stuff’s not getting shipped because there aren’t pallets to put it on.

Kevin

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
That might be a regional issue, I live in a big ag area and there are pallet companies with stock to hand. Drove by a corner lot two weeks ago, pallets stacked 15 ft high - but it was across the freeway from Sun Maid Raisins, so who knows what was under contract.

I was talking to a guy that works for a shipping company, and he was telling me that pallet prices and availability are insane! Stuff’s not getting shipped because there aren’t pallets to put it on.

Kevin

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
That might be a regional issue, I live in a big ag area and there are pallet companies with stock to hand. Drove by a corner lot two weeks ago, pallets stacked 15 ft high - but it was across the freeway from Sun Maid Raisins, so who knows what was under contract.
I’m in CA right now, so a pallet shortage out here is a real problem.

Kevin

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its the cost of the lumber and how much your willing to pay for it. Our packing prices have doubled in the last 6 months due to the rising cost of lumber. Got folks trying to ship stuff bare cause they don't want to pay the packing prices but they don't really have a choice on a lot of things. Many ports or carriers won't take it unless its properly packed or skidded

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor

Kevin
Wow. I've got two in my backyard, who wants to write me a check??

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Well there is a corner lot in Kingsburg right off the 99 with stacks of pallets :)

I dumped a pallet off at work this week, the new tulip table came delivered on it and they wanted to charge me a disposal fee. It went on a stack of pallets in the R&D yard.

Sounds like some arbitrage is in order!

I’m in CA right now, so a pallet shortage out here is a real problem.

Kevin
Sponsored