Sponsored

Installed Tuffy Security Console Insert

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Just got done installing the console vault. I have to say it's really study and u think it will provide for protection. Getting all the screws tightened was a pain and my hands are a bit scratched up from it, but the results are great. Took about 30 mins or thereabouts. You do sacrifice some room, but it's a lot more secure now.

IMG_20200416_191047.jpg

IMG_20200416_191008.jpg

IMG_20200416_190954.jpg
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I have mine just haven’t had a moment to install

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Yeah, it's a great lockable storage box. Installed mine last month. Nice to have lockable, secure storage for valuable when topless. I opted for the combo lock. Highly recommend it. Nice to be keyless. Hopefully Tuffy will offer a full metal under rear seat box. Probably be expensive, but with these Jeeps, need secure storage.

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Yeah, it's a great lockable storage box. Installed mine last month. Nice to have lockable, secure storage for valuable when topless. I opted for the combo lock. Highly recommend it. Nice to be keyless. Hopefully Tuffy will offer a full metal under rear seat box. Probably be expensive, but with these Jeeps, need secure storage.
Can you fit a full size (ex 1911) handgun in these?

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have my PX4 Storm compact in there right now. Not a full size but there's still more room in there. May have to work on getting it out quickly if you need though. I have mine unlocked while I drive and lock it before I get out.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Probably a minor issue, but wanted to see if you are able to use the USB cables with the console vault or does that basically take away that power source? How are you all liking the console vault, it seems like it’s better than the tuffy solution, maybe the best option for the Jeep.

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably a minor issue, but wanted to see if you are able to use the USB cables with the console vault or does that basically take away that power source? How are you all liking the console vault, it seems like it’s better than the tuffy solution, maybe the best option for the Jeep.
I'll have to get back to you later today when I go for gas. I'll try to remember to look ! May have to remind me) but I'm thinking you can. I can take pics and try it to see what's up. I've seen someone say no but it looks like you really can without too much effort. Can verify tomorrow. L

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
i saw somewhere that someone drilled a hole behind their parking break and pulled their cable through there. Not sure if that makes it impossible to ever change the cable or whatever..haven’t done it yet.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i saw somewhere that someone drilled a hole behind their parking break and pulled their cable through there. Not sure if that makes it impossible to ever change the cable or whatever..haven’t done it yet.
Yeah I have seen people drill holes and come out where the key fob fits between the cup holders. But, with as crappy as a lot of these cables are or as often as they change it seems like it could be more of a headache.

my wife likes to use that one to charge her phone while I use the dash one for Apple car play. I know there is a USB for the back seat that will never get used so I could throw down a longer one back there and put a clip or something to keep in in the front. Just was trying to avoid a new challenge if it already planned for that.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I have seen people drill holes and come out where the key fob fits between the cup holders. But, with as crappy as a lot of these cables are or as often as they change it seems like it could be more of a headache.

my wife likes to use that one to charge her phone while I use the dash one for Apple car play. I know there is a USB for the back seat that will never get used so I could throw down a longer one back there and put a clip or something to keep in in the front. Just was trying to avoid a new challenge if it already planned for that.
https://www.computercablestore.com/...ZO30CCbx82ubwSm81qUHvgIpV4iO97uhoCEuMQAvD_BwE

maybe something like this to take the crappy iphone cable problem out of play? I also use the one in my center console and havnt installed the box yet for the same reason.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.computercablestore.com/...ZO30CCbx82ubwSm81qUHvgIpV4iO97uhoCEuMQAvD_BwE

maybe something like this to take the crappy iphone cable problem out of play? I also use the one in my center console and havnt installed the box yet for the same reason.
If I go that route I’d definitely use something like that or maybe try to figure out a conduit type solution to make swapping easier. Or maybe just drill a hole in the side of the vault to let the cable escape depending on feasibility of that. I probably won’t store anything crazy valuable, just stuff I don’t want to have to deal with replacing or carrying with me every time I park.

I just bought a Bak Revolver X4 hard rolling tonneau cover, so that may open up some bed storage options for some times. We’ll see when that comes in, I need to test if you can unlock the tailgate from the inside when the doors are off. I assume they thought of that, but want to make sure before that plan is out the window.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
If I go that route I’d definitely use something like that or maybe try to figure out a conduit type solution to make swapping easier. Or maybe just drill a hole in the side of the vault to let the cable escape depending on feasibility of that.

sounds like a feasible solution to me. I may look at doing the same. Shouldnt be all too hard to cut the metal with a dremmel cutting wheel to make access to the port. Ill have to give that a look this weekend.
Sponsored