Is 6K off on a 40K MSRP doable?

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Just curious if thats a realistic number.

I'm reading in some places yes, other dealers are saying no way (josè)

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I have had no luck with a $6k rebate on Sport S with max tow in Ma and the MSRP is $44k+. Some of the dealers listed on this site can get there for the truck I am looking for but I have to take a road trip and Covid

rherb94

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
You could probably get pretty close to that I would think. I just bought my Sport S last month with an msrp of 46.5k for just around 39k, but that included the 3k manufacture rebate (not sure if they are still doing that).

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
Without rebates or special offers I think you can expect around $4-5K below MSRP to be a fair deal. That's been my experience when buying new from a guy that's a personal friend.

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
If you're looking at stickers where MSRP includes the destination fee, a $34k truck would be 13% below invoice.

People were reporting deep discounts back in March. While still possible, you're going to have to hunt hard and negotiate aggressively to get that kind of discount today.

Check out your local incentives on Edmunds, keep an eye out for bonus tag vehicles on the lot, and then find a dealer who is willing to provide additional incentives on their side.

Sponsored

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
You could probably get pretty close to that I would think. I just bought my Sport S last month with an msrp of 46.5k for just around 39k, but that included the 3k manufacture rebate (not sure if they are still doing that).
my purchase is a little outdated now as I intentionally picked up one out of state(GA) and took advantage of the timing in March when dealerships couldn’t sell, but my MSRP was a hair over $45K and I paid less than $36.5K delivered to me at home. Likely the deal of the century with perfect timing as the sales people couldn’t even be on campus unless processing a sale.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I bought in April. Paid 34,513 before taxes title etc. I haven't seen anything else match this discount since even from the same dealer. The price they had posted was 35,513 so I didn't do much haggling. The other 1000 off was from a trucar discount email via my employer. I took a less then optimal trade in offer without thinking twice with the discount I got on a truck nearly exactly what I wanted. But it wasn't exactly what I wanted as I had to compromise on color & didn't get the heated seats I wanted.

Jeep Gladiator Is 6K off on a 40K MSRP doable? window.JPG

OP
OP

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
You got 10500 off, thats like 20% below invoice

I bought in April. Paid 34,513 before taxes title etc. I haven't seen anything else match this discount since even from the same dealer. The price they had posted was 35,513 so I didn't do much haggling. The other 1000 off was from a trucar discount email via my employer. I took a less then optimal trade in offer without thinking twice with the discount I got on a truck nearly exactly what I wanted. But it wasn't exactly what I wanted as I had to compromise on color & didn't get the heated seats I wanted.

Jeep Gladiator Is 6K off on a 40K MSRP doable? window.JPG

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
liekly the best deal on a new wrangler esque jeep I’ve ever heard of great job
Someone posted on Facebook just a hair better a while back. There were a few really good deals posted all bought around the same time I did back when everything was shut the hell down in April

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Go to Earnhardt in AZ. Just got my Sport S for 35,500 plus taxes. i think they had one or two more in the lot.