First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Canadian Postie.
Found a decent deal on a red Launch edition which comes with a color matched top. Even though I would only have the hard top on for 3-4 months during the winter I'm thinking it would be too much red. Thoughts?
Jeep Gladiator Is all red way too much red? RED
Sponsored

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
I like it in the color match. Especially if it’s a good deal, you should consider it. If you get tired of it down the road, you can sell it, trade for another color or style roof, or paint the thing.

Last edited:

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Firecracker Red LE and love the look. As mentioned, get it if the deal is good for you. You can always paint or line-x or whatever as you like.

Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure that is a Launch Edition? I thought it came with matching top and flares. Those wheels are also not LE. Maybe the Canadian version was different. I was thinking I only had transmission and color as a choice. Maybe the top and flares were selectable and I just blew past that knowing I wanted color matched.

Not that the LE matters that much, but it did bring most everything with very few choices. I wouldn’t want to see you get taken advantage of. The rims are certainly not LE and we’re not optional.

OP
OP
Canadian GP

Canadian GP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Canadian Postie.
That is just some pic I found with the colored top, the LE does come with matched fenders and the all black wheels in Canada. The issue I'm now having is a don't see any that come with dual tops, this a game changer for me.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is just some pic I found with the colored top, the LE does come with matched fenders and the all black wheels in Canada. The issue I'm now having is a don't see any that come with dual tops, this a game changer for me.
Whew! Glad to hear that pic isn’t the truck under consideration. I do see some soft tops for sale, so that could be addressed later if desired or ask the dealer about it.

It sounds like you may not be married to the LE options and may find a Rubicon closer to your needs. Good luck with your purchase.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I had a Hard Rock JKU Rubicon, Fire Cracker Red, Red Flares and Red top. IMOP was too much. This time I bought a Fire Cracker Red Max Tow, which has black hard top and flares. Much better contrast IMOP.

Costanzio66

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee wrangler renegade
with the black fenders it looks perfect. i think ALL models need a little contrast, either in the top or the fenders ( sorry for using such an outdated term as fenders, but that is what we used to always take off our bikes back in the day to cool them up). I imagine the painted stuff is better and not susceptible to the dreaded sun burn oxidation. and besides, is there ever too much red!

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Canada LEs didn’t come with the dual top option? I thought the only option you couldn’t get was the MT.

JPHains9724

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I have the black hardtop with the red body. I prefer the black roof. It adds a little contrast. The body colored roof, especially in red, seems (in my opinion) a little over the top.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
IMO it’s pushing it, if the fenders were red also it definitely would be too much. I have black roof and fenders on mine and like it. What’s a decent deal?

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
This is totally a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing.

We have all three combinations.....

Wife's - Hydro blue Rubicon- 1/2 paint - black roof but has blue painted fenders

Mine - Sting grey Rubicon - all painted - roof and fenders.

Sons- Gator Sport S max tow - no paint - black roof and black fenders.

Conclusion... they all look great!... just for different reasons.

You should buy what looks good to you.... not us.

Last thought, Im sure if you bought the red roof and didn't like it, there would be someone else that would love to give you a couple hundred bucks and trade for his black roof.

Jeep Gladiator Is all red way too much red? IMG_2158

Jeep Gladiator Is all red way too much red? IMG_2288

Jeep Gladiator Is all red way too much red? IMG_2281
Sponsored