Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. I was gonna paint mine to match too, but I have white. So its kind of boring :)

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yeah, looking at your profile Pic, it would really look good.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, looking at your profile Pic, it would really look good.
Do you mind if I ask how much it was to powder coat those pieces? Did you send it out or do it yourself? I don't have the control arm skids (or shock skids, can't remember which ones you had without looking back) but I have the FAD axle from Rock Hard that is powder coated Red as well.
Thanks
Todd

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Do you mind if I ask how much it was to powder coat those pieces? Did you send it out or do it yourself? I don't have the control arm skids (or shock skids, can't remember which ones you had without looking back) but I have the FAD axle from Rock Hard that is powder coated Red as well.
Thanks
Todd
I don't mind at all. I did them myself so the cost was about $30 for the pound of gecko powder. I got into powder coating about 6 years ago with a cheap Eastwood system just to try it out. I used that for a few years then upgraded to a much better system. Powder coating is 90% prep work. That's where all the time is spent. Like the post said, I spent 2 days getting the old powder removed. I finally ended up putting them in the oven and running a clean cycle and burning the old stuff off. I use an old kitchen oven. It's fun and satisfying to be able to coat your own parts.
Sponsored