Sponsored

Is Jeep going to have to build a super Gladiator?

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Now for what I need, perfection with an Extended Cab (or whatever the smaller backdoors model would be) version with a 6' bed. But, I'll take the current cab version with the upgrade is mentioned in post #59
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Now for what I need, perfection with an Extended Cab (or whatever the smaller backdoors model would be) version with a 6' bed. But, I'll take the current cab version with the upgrade is mentioned in post #59
I don't see an "upgrade" mentioned in post #59. What are you referring to?

This is post #59 btw:
Everyone really thinks the rear seating room in the Gladiator is too small? I sat in the previous gen Ranger & Colorado and could barely fit my legs (i'm 5'11") so I couldn't ever imagine being a passenger in those things. Maybe the current gen are longer...

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Factoid: In Q1 2023 sales of the Wrangler 4xe exceeded sales of the Gladiator.

Jeep sales as a whole were down 20% in Q1. If we see similar for Q2, my crystal ball predicts:

(a) A significant set of incentives in Q3/Q4 to move some metal off of lots, and pushing used values down with them. Big picture it’s not a good time to buy.

(b) An “industry standard“ response to declining unit sales is to equip new models for for more profit per unit sold. Every new feature or option carries a profit margin, so more features and options will be packaged and pushed into the new vehicles. MSRP’s will rise.

I have no idea how quickly they could pivot to offer a “Super Gladiator”. But I’m saying - if ever, now is when they would want to do it.

If I were Stellantis, I’d roll it out. I’d offer the 392 Gladiator but only as a package with the wider wheels, steel bumper, factory lift, electric seats, premium leather, all option packages as standard, unique color and decals, a duck-holding dashboard and anything else I could find laying around. A $100k extravaganza.

To be clear, I’m not saying it’s what’s we WANT, I’m suggesting it’s what we’ll GET.

I agree with most of what you said but the whole automotive industry has been jacking up their MSRP’s to ridiculous levels now and that coupled with the higher interest rates (and banks being more stringent on their lending practices) has combined into an almost perfect storm to keep vehicles on the lot. I get it that manufacturers are having their ICE buyers pay for the development of their EV vehicles but this blatant money grab is redicolous!

The soulution?

Offer less unwanted bells and whistles as an option to lower the price on the lot AND keep dealers from adding ADM’s.

Thank you!

If I were king for a day

OP
OP
Orange01z28

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Everyone really thinks the rear seating room in the Gladiator is too small? I sat in the previous gen Ranger & Colorado and could barely fit my legs (i'm 5'11") so I couldn't ever imagine being a passenger in those things. Maybe the current gen are longer...
Compared to the competition rear seat legroom is great

I think people are comparing JTs to full sizes

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Compared to the competition rear seat legroom is great

I think people are comparing JTs to full sizes
Unless one has received a lobotomy, I do not think any mid size truck buyer ever bought one thinking they could comfortably transport adult size people in the back seats for any long distance and/or length of time. Pets, children and maybe ones 4'10" 90lbs 80 years old grandma from the old country maybe, just not any normal adult.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Anticipating 2025 Hurricane 3.0l power plant.

D48DBAAF-66AA-42C0-B83A-982AA05516A6.jpeg

MKAYMEOW

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
It doesn’t really need much to be perfect, in my opinion. Hemi, factory 35’s, and 4.88 gearing and I don’t think there would be anything to complain about.

My two cents…they went with shit engine options. Really hard to process why they didn’t just go with the 5.7L Hemi. Other than that would have been too obvious/made too much sense.
Would be so happy with just a 5.7 in my Gladiator. The 3.6 is just ok but as long as it's reliable I will keep mine for a while, but at the same time a XR 5.7 Gladiator will probably make me trade mine in lol

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
As much as I'd love a factory Hemi...I think Stellantis will continue to not offer that in the Gladiator, as to not cannibalize some of their own Ram sales. I'm convinced they only did it in the Wrangler to steal a little bit of the thunder from the Bronco launch.

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
I was looking at the Ineos Quartermaster (and the Grenedier) today wishing I could actually kick the tires. Setting price aside, i am not sure how I feel about it.... Anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsored

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Probably no 5.7 coming because they have to buy all the CAFE credits for Tesla as it is, due to all the Doge low MPG vehicles
If we had a free market we’d have Hellcat powered Gladiators for sure.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I was looking at the Ineos Quartermaster (and the Grenedier) today wishing I could actually kick the tires. Setting price aside, i am not sure how I feel about it.... Anyone have any thoughts?
I had a chance to drive the Grenadier a month or two back and was impressed with its off-road capabilities.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/jeep-v-ineos-grenadier.68976/

The seats were amazing (Recaros) and the SUV had a lot of room on the interior. We didn’t get a chance to take it on the road so I can’t speak to that. The mileage will be a bit worse than the Jeep due to it’s size and weight.

It starts at about $70K and goes up to around $80K for a nicely appointed one.
Sponsored