First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
thanks for all the responses, I think I need more help

- how do you know the exact tax %, yes I'm in CA, 91724
- I was looking at the MSRP of 40790, and the "autonation" price of 38K which made it look like a ~2800 discount or 6.8% which seemed fair, but then again they add stuff above that $600 handling fee

edit: I checked taxes online and 9.5% it is. I called them and they are correcting that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

akrkwk310

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328i xDrive sport wagon, i3 REx, Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
It is impossible to get a deal in CA. I live in CA and ordered mine with Elliot in Salt lake valley Jeep for 8% off invoice. Did a lot of researches and negotiation with dealers ca. I ended up hating every single one of them for their attitudes looking at me im insane trying to get 8 off invoice even with the proof
Msrp $62535
Selling price was $54,450

if you dont mind travelling, reach out to Elliot And tell him brian sent you

OP
OP
zy1337

zy1337

First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
I agree, I'm getting mine in CO. I was pretty picky on the vehicle and there wasn't much choice outside of this vehicle to begin with. And nothing even close within 400 miles.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Or check out Pheonix area. I got mine there at Earnhardt in Gilbert, AZ, they were throwing rebates at me left and right. For example here's a conversation I had at the dealership.

Finance guy. "You a veteran?"
Me, "No."
Finance guy, "Any family nembers serve?"
Me. "Yes. Dad was in Vietnam. Son is a Marine."
Finance guy, "Great, I'll add on service member/veteran rebate."

Some dealers in Pheonix area will even buy you a one way plane ticket and pick you up at the airport on top of taking off on the MSRP.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zy1337

zy1337

First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Does anyone know what the $600 dealer fee represent? And why the registration fee is so low?

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
The low discount problem is most likely due to most of the buyers giving in and not doing their research. If they are willing to pay close to MSRP then dealers won't deal, which is understandable. Why sell to the informed buyer at 10% off MSRP when they can sell to a sucker? I know some very smart people that believe doing a custom order is more expensive than buying off the lot. I just ordered a Mojave at nearly 13% off MSRP without any hassle from @Travis@TriCityJeep and his doc fee is the lowest I've seen at $499.

OP
OP
zy1337

zy1337

First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
They clarified the $600, and actually they are suggesting to take sales taxes out completely and have them pay in CA myself (and do the registration).

is this something any of you has done in the past?

Cheers

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
With rebate I got $10,000 off of sticker on a diesel Rubicon. I think that the $1700 discount they gave you is crap. When I was shopping, AutoNation had the worst offer of anyone.

With the Tread Lightly discount my initial price was $53K with a sticker of $62K then the $1000 rebate came up just before delivery.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
My doc fee was $399, I was quoted at high at $899.

Some people don't like the negotiating process and overpay all the time. Dealers like the ones they call "lay downs". But they want to sell cars and if you aren't desperate to buy one today and order one, you can save many thousands and write your own deal if you know what you are doing.
Sponsored