Is your JT masculine or feminine?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Russell is a nice one too. subtle...
it'l have a dual meaning for me too (if i actually name it that).

When i was in 7th grade I was nicknamed Russell on our soccer team. My buddy Ryan was nicknamed Snorts. So day 1 of 7th grade math class the teacher goes person to person asking what they would like to be called, Kassie or Kassandra, Matthew or Matt type of stuff.

Ryan and I are last, far right corner of the room. We decided it would be funny if she called us Russell and Snorts. She calls on me next, I tell her I want to be called Russell (name is jonathan), she questions it curiously, and so did several kids not from the soccer team. "Okay Russel it is".

"Ryan, what would you like to be called she asks."

"Ryan is fine."

Snorts F*cked me!

Fast forward to half year parent teacher conferences, teacher questions my parents, who have NO FREAKEN IDEA WHY i would want to be called Russell. So they come home and drop it on me, "So Russell, we met with your math teacher." The jig was up.

So next day, math teacher asks if i want to be jon or Russell. To try and show i won't crumble I keep Russell.

First day of 8th grade math class, new teacher asks, "And Mr. Steffen, do you want to be called Russell again?" "No sir, Jon is just fine."

lol:giggle:

Last edited:

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
My Rubicon color is (begrudgingly) Bright White. This is because I cannot wait (out of need to drive a vehicle vs. walk everywhere) until Christmas or New Year's to take delivery of my preferred color (Gobi).

My color selection was a process of elimination:
  • Black = NO = too hot...scratches easy...hard to keep clean
  • Red = NO = attracts too much attention (re: "Ticket Me Red")...not really a color at my age
  • Silver = NO = color of my current car...and the car before that too
  • White = only option left if I want to place order on 5/14...it's cool(er) in the hot CA sun...easier to clean...hides off-road scratches...looks OK with the red Rubicon accents
Result = ordered white Gladiator

Then my wife says "only women drive white cars".

To make matters worse, most all the photos I see on FB of new *Bright White* Gladiators show female owners.

Thoughts on white color...is it really a color most often selected by females?
I prefer white for all the reasons you stated. As much as I love punk'n (spelling?), I'd get pulled over every other day driving a vehicle with that bright of a color.

As for male vs. female drivers, I see just as many guys driving white vehicles as women.

Sponsored

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
it'l have a dual meaning for me too (if i actually name it that).

When i was in 7th grade I was nicknamed Russell on our soccer team. My buddy Ryan was nicknamed Snorts. So day 1 of 7th grade math class the teacher goes person to person asking what they would like to be called, Kassie or Kassandra, Matthew or Matt type of stuff.

Ryan and I are last, far right corner of the room. We decided it would be funny if she called us Russell and Snorts. She calls on me next, I tell her I want to be called Russell (name is jonathan), she questions it curiously, and so did several kids not from the soccer team. "Okay Russel it is".

"Ryan, what would you like to be called she asks."

"Ryan is fine."

Ryan F*cked me!

Fast forward to half year parent teacher conferences, teacher questions my parents, who have NO FREAKEN IDEA WHY i would want to be called Russell. So they come home and drop it on me, "So Russell, we met with your math teacher." The jig was up.

So next day, math teacher asks if i want to be jon or Russell. To try and show i won't crumble I keep Russell.

First day of 8th grade math class, new teacher asks, "And Mr. Steffen, do you want to be called Russell again?" "No sir, Jon is just fine."

lol:giggle:
:CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL: LMAO..... at least you got a cool story behind it... I'm just stuck with Star Wars.... the damn praetorian guards is what first popped in my head when I saw this mean machine.... even sad-er they're all lasted 5 mins and died.....:(:(:(

BUT love your story.. it cracked me up while replying....

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL: LMAO..... at least you got a cool story behind it... I'm just stuck with Star Wars.... the damn praetorian guards is what first popped in my head when I saw this mean machine.... even sad-er they're all lasted 5 mins and died.....:(:(:(

BUT love your story.. it cracked me up while replying....
i thought you were picking praetorian because of something in the movie Gladiator, with "RUSSELL" Crowe.

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
i thought you were picking praetorian because of something in the movie Gladiator, with "RUSSELL" Crowe.
although the gladiator movie is cool AF. Star wars always have a special place in my heart.... and since no one claiming it and Maximus is taken..... the rest is history.... realistically the family will just call it the jeep or “that red jeep”

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
This thread kinda piggy backs on the thread about naming your JT, but not specifically.

Not really sure why, but seems like all of the previous vehicles of mine were named after women. So i assume they're feminine to me. But for some reason with this JT i'm debating whether or not it will have a masculine persona.

I really don't know why it matters, probably just cuz i'm bored and the stork hasn't delivered mine yet.

So then I got to thinking about these truck nuts i see around. Is this just some plywood type thing that you understand if you're part of it? Do these owners try to be offensive for the fun of it? Or do they just think their trucks are masculine, and thus need truck nuts to let everybody know?

Which leads me to a very weird idea i had this morning. If my truck takes on a feminine persona like all my other vehicles have, should I hang truck labia from behind it? LMAO, but seriously, the truck nuts thing is so weird, why should truck labia be any weirder? :CWL::LOL::giggle:
My TJ Golden Eagle’s already named “Lil Buck”... (for his short wheelbase “Crowhopping” over rough terrain)... his big brother’s new plate will read “Big Buck” (just to continue Lil Buck’s wild Horse, ranch truck, heritage!) ;{

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My TJ Golden Eagle’s already named “Lil Buck”... (for his short wheelbase “Crowhopping” over rough terrain)... his big brother’s new plate will read “Big Buck” (just to continue Lil Buck’s wild Horse, ranch truck, heritage!) ;{
Nice! i enjoy hearing about people's stories of naming their vehicles.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just had another thought, i'm sure i'm about to cross some line I don't know exists, but here goes.

Why can't my truck have a femanine name, but be kinda masculine? Back in my day we called them Tomboys and my day was only 20 ish years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomboy
"A tomboy is a girl who exhibits characteristics or behaviors considered typical of a boy. Common characteristics include wearing masculine clothing and engaging in games and activities that are physical in nature and are considered in many cultures to be unfeminine or the domain of boys."

Now gotta look up Tomboy names. Gladys, Devon, Scout, Harper, Shelby or Sidney stuck out when i read them.

Might stick with Gladys the Gladiator!

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
My JT will be called ‍Genie. My wife’s name and she picked the color of silver! It will have a set of nuts on the back tho. I’ll drive through Bonneau SC just to tick off the chief of police !

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I'm all confused about this.

I mean the front is dude.
Kinda like the Progressive Motaur:
upload_2019-7-9_8-7-13.png

but datassdoh. :blush:
As the wise Professor once discussed:

Oh, my, God Becky, look at her butt
It is so big, she looks like
I mean, her butt, is just so big
I can't believe it's just so round, it's like out there
I mean gross, look...
Baby got back

Thirty six-twenty four- thirty six
Ha ha, only if she's 5'3!

Professor Sir-Mix-a-Lot circa 1992.
:LOL:

upload_2019-7-9_8-11-33.png

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm all confused about this.

I mean the front is dude.
Kinda like the Progressive Motaur:
upload_2019-7-9_8-7-13.png

but datassdoh. :blush:
As the wise Professor once discussed:

Oh, my, God Becky, look at her butt
It is so big, she looks like
I mean, her butt, is just so big
I can't believe it's just so round, it's like out there
I mean gross, look...
Baby got back

Thirty six-twenty four- thirty six
Ha ha, only if she's 5'3!

Professor Sir-Mix-a-Lot circa 1992.
:LOL:

upload_2019-7-9_8-11-33.png
Little in the middle but she got much back!
Sponsored