OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Sport S with 2" Mopar lift and 35s
keep at it! The end result will be worth the foot work.

For what its worth when I got mine back in 19 my dealership worked a deal with another dealer two states away and went to get my max tow jt and drive it back to me. So I got it with a couple hundred miles on it. Didnt bother me at all and I had it in writing that any issues related to any brake in process would be covered by the dealer. I had none, but it made me feel good about their employee going and getting it. I also learned that some dealers require their employees to have an app active on a phone so they can be tracked via GPS for speed and such, which also made me feel better knowing someone wasnt drag racing my new jt at 90mph down the highway to me.
So I did end up with a used 2020 Rubicon with under 10,000 miles. It is super nice, and cost me the same as the new max tow sport S that I got sniped on. Just took delivery this morning, and I am loving it! Perseverance pays off one way or another.

Shout out to all who brought up the tow capacity difference being so small!

And a huge thanks to everyone looking out!
Sponsored

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
So I did end up with a used 2020 Rubicon with under 10,000 miles. It is super nice, and cost me the same as the new max tow sport S that I got sniped on. Just took delivery this morning, and I am loving it! Perseverance pays off one way or another.

Tow capacity difference isn't as big - but payload difference is significant.

My '22 Max Tow has a payload of 1,471 pounds. My buddies '22 Rubicon has a payload of 1,070 pounds. This was a big deal when I was buying as I wasn't going to use the extra off-road capability near as much as I was going to use the extra payload capacity.

Either way - hope you enjoy your new truck :)

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

And a huge thanks to everyone looking out!
pictures or it didn’t happen

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase