First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2003 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
There were a couple dozen Jeeps (split across two groups) and I think at least half were JTs. I may have been in the minority without a winch and now, of course, I need to add that to my wish list again. I more fully appreciate the benefits of bigger tires and lifts, as the rear end of my Gladiator and others suffered some minor scrapes.
How did the JTs with lifts and bigger tires do vs. the stock JTs. Do you have a recommendation as to any after market skid plates. I have a JTR with a 2.5” lift and 37s and I am considering whether or not also need any after market skids. I do not plan on any hard core rock crawling but based on the pics the trails in Llano look fun. In fact we go to to the Tx Hill Country several times a year.

OP
OP
WhippetTaxi

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
My JTR is stock, so I am not the best person to ask about after market skid plates. Probably others can chime in. I think the lift and 37s would help with the rear departure angle limitations that some of us experienced.

RSSNASCAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
How did the JTs with lifts and bigger tires do vs. the stock JTs. Do you have a recommendation as to any after market skid plates. I have a JTR with a 2.5” lift and 37s and I am considering whether or not also need any after market skids. I do not plan on any hard core rock crawling but based on the pics the trails in Llano look fun. In fact we go to to the Tx Hill Country several times a year.
Mine is the Red JT in the pics and I was running 35s and a Mopar 2 inch lift. I was shocked how well it did crawling over these obstacles...no skid plate necessary. I’m not saying skids are not a good idea but I had no idea how high and difficult some of these obstacles were and my JT handled it without one scrape to the underside body. The only battle scar was a slight scrape on the rear plastic jumper when coming off of a very high rock. It was not even noticeable afterward.

Jorgeperezjr

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Adventure Academy--Llano Photos 83AA8C4B-FE33-4DD2-99F9-E9B84DA1AFB0

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Adventure Academy--Llano Photos 693E8C48-95A5-44B7-B807-93DD0CF11C08
Jeep Adventure Academy in Knoxville. Great experience and team teaching at the event.
Sponsored