Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Announced - Preorder on April 4 Only

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
If you go to the 7%off invoice in nc thread I do a detailed explication with an order sheet. Essentially there are prices Jeep recommends you charge for the truck - MSRP and the price FCA charged the dealership. I had an actual order sheet I posted and you can clearly see msrp vs factory pricing. Tread lightly or other affiliate programs get you 1% below invoice. A couple dealers get you 7% below invoice. This ends up being 11-13% off msrp based on why options you add.
Aha. Ok. So technically the NC dealership will be 7% below invoice if you meet all the criteria?
I’ll find that post. Sometimes these threads fill up with so much nonsense we miss the good stuff. LoL
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Side note - I just got an email from my local dealership in NJ inviting me to their “Launch Edition Pre Order Event” on Apr 4th. In Store Only.

They’re marketing to the folks not in the know...

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Aha. Ok. So technically the NC dealership will be 7% below invoice if you meet all the criteria?
I’ll find that post. Sometimes these threads fill up with so much nonsense we miss the good stuff. LoL
There is a ton of information on here and I forget not everyone is a complete addict like me. I swear I have ready almost every post on here... but I have learned a good deal and it will have ended up saving me thousands.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a ton of information on here and I forget not everyone is a complete addict like me. I swear I have ready almost every post on here... but I have learned a good deal and it will have ended up saving me thousands.
I have to admit I was totally planning on ignoring the 7%. Partially laziness, im not a good haggler / negotiator. But when I sat down and did the math, it makes too much of a difference for me to ignore. And now that I’m understanding this invoice thing, it’s an even bigger difference!

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@bangolia i can’t find that post... any chance you can link it here?

That 7% off in NC thread just had a long conversation about student loans and life choices lol

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I have to admit I was totally planning on ignoring the 7%. Partially laziness, im not a good haggler / negotiator. But when I sat down and did the math, it makes too much of a difference for me to ignore. And now that I’m understanding this invoice thing, it’s an even bigger difference!
The best part is a lot of us have done the research so there is no haggling most dealers will honor prices we mention on here. Try city will for sure no questions asked.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The best part is a lot of us have done the research so there is no haggling most dealers will honor prices we mention on here. Try city will for sure no questions asked.
Yea. I’m doing Tri-City for sure now.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Hadn't heard all Rubicons come with the red dash unless that changed today.

The build tool has shown different color dashes depending on exterior color and seat color/style. Granite with black leather is a red dash. Gobi with black was gray dash. Think the saddle seats are all gray dash. Options matrix sticky shows the combinations.

Dammit, looks like they changed it a bit. Gobi/black leather now shows the fugly red dash. Saddle seats still show gray dash.
oh no! the matrix is broken now! lol

EDIT: Now i fixed it. Overland has only 1 dash now, cloth or black leather rubicon gets red dash. only way to get gray dash is with saddle on ribicon.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I just spoke with Kent @ Peterson in Boise.

Still doesn't know invoice or discounts on Launch Edition, but expects it to be less than the normal 7% under invoice.

Tomorrow you can go to the special web site, put in the zip code for Nampa, ID to start the LE process. Sometime in the next 7 days they should have invoice pricing and an idea of what their discount will be.

He expects LE to ship 4-6 months from now (wave 3). First custom orders (wave 2) will beat the LE to the dealerships. He doesn't know when custom order banks will open, invoice pricing, etc. Today Jeep just started feeding them info on the LE.

I'll start the LE process with them and see what I find...

EDIT: Less of a discount/higher price than the normal 7% under...

Last edited:

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
Kayakmike, you’re right, Kent is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Ralph, thanks about the email advice. This is my first day on the farm so I appreciate the advice. I just got off the phone with Kent. He doesn’t know what the rebate will be on the launch edition but assumes it will be less of a rebate than what he can do on a regular order. He will know more soon. He also verified that launch edition will come out and wave three but if you wait a few days he can put in an order that will get processed and wave 2.
Any luck with Larry H Miller? I reached out to them mid-March and got the following, “I should see what will be available to order the first part of the month. I would be more than happy to let you know when it is up in our system and ready to order. We will of course honor FCA pricing. I will just need your control number.”

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
I just spoke with Kent @ Peterson in Boise.

Still doesn't know invoice or discounts on Launch Edition, but expects it to be less than the normal 7% under invoice.

Tomorrow you can go to the special web site, put in the zip code for Nampa, ID to start the LE process. Sometime in the next 7 days they should have invoice pricing and an idea of what their discount will be.

He expects LE to ship 4-6 months from now (wave 3). First custom orders (wave 2) will beat the LE to the dealerships. He doesn't know when custom order banks will open, invoice pricing, etc. Today Jeep just started feeding them info on the LE.

I'll start the LE process with them and see what I find...
I sure hope the LE's don't take that long, its called the launch edition for a reason. I will be disapointed if that is the case.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you go to the 7%off invoice in nc thread I do a detailed explication with an order sheet. Essentially there are prices Jeep recommends you charge for the truck - MSRP and the price FCA charged the dealership. I had an actual order sheet I posted and you can clearly see msrp vs factory pricing. Tread lightly or other affiliate programs get you 1% below invoice. A couple dealers get you 7% below invoice. This ends up being 11-13% off msrp based on why options you add.
That 7% off in NC thread just had a long conversation about student loans and life choices lol

I couldn’t find your post. Maybe I scrolled too fast.
So I was looking at the other 7% off in NC thread in the sponsored category. Another confusing thing about forums.

So what is our current “invoice” pricing? Is it what’s in the spreadsheet that we have floating around? The on RTDNECO posted this past Saturday?

Lpugmire

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Any luck with Larry H Miller? I reached out to them mid-March and got the following, “I should see what will be available to order the first part of the month. I would be more than happy to let you know when it is up in our system and ready to order. We will of course honor FCA pricing. I will just need your control number.”
No luck at all with them. I spoke to a salesman, then the guy who puts in all the orders, neither of them had a clue. I had to show them the Jeep website just to get them caught up. I wouldn’t trust them to get your order correct. Plus, when I spoke to them they made it sound as if they wouldn’t be discounting below MSRP. They touted examples like from the Hellcat where they didn’t. I’ll order with Kent at Peterson’s. He has been the most knowledgeable person I have spoke with and seems like a straight shooter.
Sponsored