Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Announced - Preorder on April 4 Only

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Hmm maybe they were planning this from the beginning and that's why the top executive at FCA (can't remember name) stated during an interview that the new Jeep truck will be priced intentionally high.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
I’m taking my order to the dealer in the morning. I’ve printed my config but it is basically a loaded silver rubi.
Might as well order a Launch Edition, then

Sponsored

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
Sometimes when a new vehicle is launching, a dealer will get cute and add 5 to 10k over Msrp, because some will pay it.
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! I will eventually buy a well equipped Rubicon with money in hand. I didn't get in a position to do that by giving away money. I may not get the special edition model which honestly is not exactly configured the way I would order one. There will be dealers that will negotiate when the hype settles. For me, paying a fair price is as important as buying the right vehicle.

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Sometimes when a new vehicle is launching, a dealer will get cute and add 5 to 10k over Msrp, because some will pay it.
It seems like you are actually ordering directly from Jeep, given the concierge thing. You pick the dealer that will close the sale and handle delivery, but I can’t imagine that the dealer could add markup to an ordered vehicle like that.
I had a similar question and I’ve been asking some dealerships in my area about markup, and the general consensus is that it would be on allocated vehicles from limited runs. So, for example, and this was where I first really saw this, the Ford Focus RS.
But again, the customers are ordering these, so I’m thinking markup can’t apply...
or shall I say, I’m hoping dealer markup can’t apply.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Only thing is if the price is the price and no TL discount etc that’s pretty steep... guess I’ll just have to win the contest!
Sponsored