Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I either have doors on, or not. That's it. These in no way make any sense for me. I see people saying they're easier for the trails, lol, just take your doors off. It's your money, do what you want. I'm not sure why these things cost so much though. Why not something practical like a cabin tub liner (no carpet)? I bet more people would spring for that if it wasn't stupidly expensive.
Sponsored

TIKIBROMAN

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2019 Lexus ES300H
I either have doors on, or not. That's it. These in no way make any sense for me. I see people saying they're easier for the trails, lol, just take your doors off. It's your money, do what you want. I'm not sure why these things cost so much though. Why not something practical like a cabin tub liner (no carpet)? I bet more people would spring for that if it wasn't stupidly expensive.
I think Armorlite floors are 600 bucks or so. Not crazy for what you get. Vinyl floors should have been a factory option.....

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think Armorlite floors are 600 bucks or so. Not crazy for what you get. Vinyl floors should have been a factory option.....
I agree, but you also know that the Mopar factory option wouldn't be under $1K probably and not as good.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I love how back in the YJ/TJ days people got stuck with the half doors and wanted the full ones and now it's opposite that.
Every half-door YJ I looked at had those floppy uppers. I understand why the off road folks appreciate them but for the daily road driver, they were out of their element. Same for the JT. Probably more Moab than Congaree Swamp.

Sponsored

nocoast_jt

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Factory half doors with a removeable hard upper would be perfect in my opinion. I'd love half doors if this was an option...this way the doors would look good with a hard top or soft top. Half doors with soft uppers is too pricey and although I'd love a set I simply will never be able to justify it. I'll be like others and just remove mine and call it good for the day or two while wheeling.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Completely doorless isn't legal everywhere though. But in this case, way too expensive. Should be a stand alone option. In Pennsylvania (and I think only Pennsylvania), you have to have doors. Motorcycles can go helmet-less, but jeeps have to have doors here. I usually just rock tube doors, but I get the point.

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
They look so much better on the Wrangler since they are the correct height for the body line. They are about an inch or so short for the truck bed line.

Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the wife a new Wrangler ... during the build we added the Door Proximity option ... for what ever reason it forced us into this dual door group for an additional 4 grand? We specifically wanted the hard top .... why would I want half doors?

DREDnot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2012 Chevy Caprice PPV, 1998 M1123
Occupation
Centurion, Earth Occupation Forces
Man...Half doors were the coolest when they came out on the YJs.
When I ordered my 05 LJR i tried to get a dual door type thing but they said "no dice". Now 16 years later...

I always loved the half doors. The looks...the visibility...and the more comfortable arm position compared to the CJ like hard doors of the YJs and TJs.

The floppy windows do suck and I always ponied up for the hard window uppers

As much as i love having no doors, on many trails, the half door protects you from long horn range cattle sharing your shelf road and cholla cactus to the knee and thigh...

I also agree that 5K is way too much for me. The doors on the gladiator have great armrest geometry for me .

90YJ jake.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_4296.JPG

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
4900, no way. They are like long shorts or something. If you want the doors off, take them off. These half doors are decaffeinated coffee. What's the point?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4900, no way. They are like long shorts or something. If you want the doors off, take them off. These half doors are decaffeinated coffee. What's the point?
For the flavor and driving everyone away with your breath.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Half doors are a Jeep thing I don't understand. What's the attraction?
Some people love to be frustrated by plastic windows that scratch if you simply look at them the wrong way, get in the way every time you go through a fast food drive-thru, and flap in the wind on the interstate.

In fact, they love this misery so much that they'll pay $5,000 more money just to have the chance to experience it.

I drove a Jeep with half doors once. Once.
Sponsored