Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager
Two quick questions for the group!
1.) After I set tire size is it required to do the 2 sleep cycles? If I don’t does it matter?
2.) Once tire size is set can I just unplug the mini when I got to dealership for service and just plug it back in? I only got the mini for tire size and TPMS not using any other functions yet.
Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I have not needed to do sleep cycles to have mine work but keep in mind it is basically just turning vehicle off and getting out, I typically do that before i drive it anyway.
I will usually unmarry and remove my tazer when taking to the dealer. Not sure if that is necessary but easy and may be better.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I will usually unmarry and remove my tazer when taking to the dealer. Not sure if that is necessary but easy and may be better.
So this right here is controversial. There was an older thread on this issues awhile back of people arguing for like 7 pages and still no definitive answer. But I beg to differ. I know taser says to unmarry and remove before service. And I get it. From a liability standpoint they’re obviously going to say that. We all know dealers will push the blame back on anything they don’t feel like doing and vice versa. So I get it.

Here’s the issue or concern I have with that. Not so much for simple settings such as tire size etc, but major changes like for example let’s say you regeared from 3.73s to 4.88s or something. If you unmarried the taser afterwards and drove it in for service or the dealership during the service visit had to drive it, not knowing gearing was changed. That’s going to seriously mess things up.

So for me although I’ve only changed tire size, tpms, and a few other simple settings, Getting my vehicle serviced, I don’t unmarry. I just simply remove it. Removing it only effects the live settings anyways.

OP
OP
Oneshotlucky

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager
So this right here is controversial. There was an older thread on this issues awhile back of people arguing for like 7 pages and still no definitive answer. But I beg to differ. I know taser says to unmarry and remove before service. And I get it. From a liability standpoint they’re obviously going to say that. We all know dealers will push the blame back on anything they don’t feel like doing and vice versa. So I get it.

Here’s the issue or concern I have with that. Not so much for simple settings such as tire size etc, but major changes like for example let’s say you regeared from 3.73s to 4.88s or something. If you unmarried the taser afterwards and drove it in for service or the dealership during the service visit had to drive it, not knowing gearing was changed. That’s going to seriously mess things up.

So for me although I’ve only changed tire size, tpms, and a few other simple settings, Getting my vehicle serviced, I don’t unmarry. I just simply remove it. Removing it only effects the live settings anyways.
Cool! I’ve only done the basic changes myself so now I feel better about just unplugging it before service and just plugging it back in! Thank you!

ritojr

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link

This is helpful and I was curious as well. I was planning to update to some LED's and would need the tazer to change that setting. I was curious as to how that would work if I unmarried as I could potentially have lights that aren't working and would cause a failed inspection for example. I guess I will just keep it married and unplug go forward

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
99.99% of the complaints about things not working right are because someone didn't do the sleep cycles after making changes exactly as the directions say. The instructions that come with the Tazer even warn ya that all sorts of bad things might happen if you don't.

That said, after you do all that, you CAN remove it without unmarrying it. You will lose all the live functions, but things like tire size, lighting changes, etc will be retained. If you unmarry it, everything returns to the way it was before you installed it, which is generally the ideal condition before taking it into the dealer. That's because if the dealer does a computer flash while they have it, that exact firmware flash might be based on the settings your vin shows you should have, and the wrong firmware flash can cause problems or in theory even brick the computer.

OP
OP
Oneshotlucky

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager
99.99% of the complaints about things not working right are because someone didn't do the sleep cycles after making changes exactly as the directions say. The instructions that come with the Tazer even warn ya that all sorts of bad things might happen if you don't.

That said, after you do all that, you CAN remove it without unmarrying it. You will lose all the live functions, but things like tire size, lighting changes, etc will be retained. If you unmarry it, everything returns to the way it was before you installed it, which is generally the ideal condition before taking it into the dealer. That's because if the dealer does a computer flash while they have it, that exact firmware flash might be based on the settings your vin shows you should have, and the wrong firmware flash can cause problems or in theory even brick the computer.
So what you are saying is unmarried the mini is the safest bet? I mean I got my first oil change coming up! So, basically if they flash the truck I’m gonna have issues? Will a dealership flash a vehicle and not tell the owner until after the service???

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So what you are saying is unmarried the mini is the safest bet? I mean I got my first oil change coming up! So, basically if they flash the truck I’m gonna have issues? Will a dealership flash a vehicle and not tell the owner until after the service???
Yes, they will, if is called for as part of the service, or is determined it needs to be done. They are the repair facility, you brought it to them to work on. They do not consult you on needed repairs, unless it is to get approval for something you need to pay extra for.
Sponsored