Sponsored

JT Cab Spy Shot

Jeep383-S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383-S
I feel like there could be a fold down windshield and removable top but I don’t see any hinges for the removable doors. Do they add those after paint?

4271C289-4810-40BC-8D30-2BA6CEC6D08F.jpeg
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Yes I do see that. Do you think the off-road version of the scrambler will have a special name like Rubicon or maybe Trailhawk?
The high line flares were designed to bolt onto standard fenders, IE the change is in the flare itself.

And I do believe Jeep will offer a Rubicon level JT, and either a Sahara or Sport version. Leaning toward Sahara level, as this rig will not be positioned in the market on low price. Don't anybody get your hopes up for a stripped down budget truck from Jeep.

Edit: My personal preference is still a Rubicon level JT with the Ecodiesel.

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like there could be a fold down windshield and removable top but I don’t see any hinges for the removable doors. Do they add those after paint?

4271C289-4810-40BC-8D30-2BA6CEC6D08F.jpeg
The body-side hinges are inside the door jam now, as opposed to out on the body, so I believe they simply aren't installed yet in this picture. You can see in the CAD rendering the hinges are hidden on the body side.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I just can't shut up. Sorry for prattling on...

With a 3 pc hard top on this thing, I (again) really want the rear window to retract. Then with 5 windows down it'd be very open, with or without the freedom panels in place. It's just my idea of the perfect solution.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I just can't shut up. Sorry for prattling on...

With a 3 pc hard top on this thing, I (again) really want the rear window to retract. Then with 5 windows down it'd be very open, with or without the freedom panels in place. It's just my idea of the perfect solution.
I agree I want the rear to drop down and out of the way. And Almost not have it attached to the top at all, more like have it go in the back of the cab. It would also make the top lighter and easier to remove.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the CAD image it looks like there is an area for the window to go into.
backwindow.jpg

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree I want the rear to drop down and out of the way. And Almost not have it attached to the top at all, more like have it go in the back of the cab. It would also make the top lighter and easier to remove.
It's just gots ta be a retractable! The rear glass has to be reconfigured anyway, since a flip out is wrong on a truck, and completely worthless with a canopy. Speaking of which, a pop out would suck too, with a camper if you want a pass though. So why not power retract that bad boy? And as far as CO2 entering the cab, that's a non issue, with 5' between the tailgate and rear glass. Come on FCA! Do it!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember when we were all clamoring for a modular hard top on the JL (& JT)? Freedom panels with removable quarter panels and rear glass?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe for those of us still waiting, it's not too late!

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m doubtful of a retractable rear glass. I’ll be satisfied with a sliding rear glass opening.
Integrated into the top? It will be interesting to see how they do it, that's for sure.

Very interested in what will materialize for canopies too. Hoping to see a nice, style matched pop up from Ursa Minor. It could be a compact height, 18" or so over the top for sleeping room, but still shy of the freedom panels.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I’m doubtful of a retractable rear glass. I’ll be satisfied with a sliding rear glass opening.
Retractable glass makes the most sense all around as it would even work for the soft top. I think there a good chance for it. Also check out that section I outlined on the CAD it looks like a window area within the body tub.

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I think I'll be fine with whatever the hardtop configuration is. Fixed rear window or not, doesn't really matter. Had it on my Comanche and never used it.
Retractable glass makes the most sense all around as it would even work for the soft top. I think there a good chance for it. Also check out that section I outlined on the CAD it looks like a window area within the body tub.
It would definitely be interesting with a soft top configuration, or maybe if they do offer it it'll be an upgrade for the hard top only. Not sure if they would want to invest the money in so many different top configurations when a simple sliding glass rear window would get the job done. Interesting points and observation though!

Last edited:

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I hope it comes to fruition, but I am not aware of a vehicle with removable soft and hard tops which incorporate a power roll-down glass window without a fixed frame. I don’t see how that would be incorporated into all of the top options available on a Wrangler-based platform. They would likely have to manufacture different body tub configurations. They haven’t shown the willingness to do that with the Wrangler...
Sponsored