Sponsored

JT Cab Spy Shot

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
At the risk of beating this horse to death, I shall opine yet again...

The retractable glass could easily be accomplished on a JT for dual tops, by designing a frame similar to the door surrounds currently used on JKs and JLs for their soft tops.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Looking at the CAD image it looks like there is an area for the window to go into.
backwindow.jpg
Analyzing that image further leads me to believe that the top section is double-wall construction, while the lower section is single-wall. The double-wall is needed for fastener attachment. Otherwise, any trim or seat mounting hardware would protrude through the back of the cab.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
At the risk of beating this horse to death, I shall opine yet again...

The retractable glass could easily be accomplished on a JT for dual tops, by designing a frame similar to the door surrounds currently used on JKs and JLs for their soft tops.

Yea thats what I'm thinking the sliding glass top would be standard and work with all tops. This way you simply roll the rear window down and your free to change the top or take the top off.

Also looking at the spy shots the window looks to be a solid one piece, (however that could just be camo on a clear piece of thick plastic over the window) which would lead me to believe it would would be retractable.

2019-jt-jeep-scrambler-pickup-truck-grille-headlights20-jpg.jpg

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I think the window will be a solid window in the hardtop that does not move at all. The soft top window will zip or slide out like the other wrangler soft tops.

I don't want any extra framing for a sliding rear window when I have the top removed. All that needs to be there is the sports bar. I also don't want the extra weight on the hardtop that would come with a sliding rear window.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I think the window will be a solid window in the hardtop that does not move at all. The soft top window will zip or slide out like the other wrangler soft tops.

I don't want any extra framing for a sliding rear window when I have the top removed. All that needs to be there is the sports bar. I also don't want the extra weight on the hardtop that would come with a sliding rear window.
Sliding rear widow would weigh less. The glass would stay in the cab (glass would slide down, not to the side). Also the frame would be built into the top so when the window was down, and top removed it would be fully open.
Sponsored