Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT gladiator rubicon diesel
Occupation
Professional land surveyor
Jeep Gladiator JTRD FUEL FILL 30820225-7B66-4EF3-BDE2-9D7E64DD36FB
How is every one filling with diesel at a truck lane. The fill nosel will not even fit. Is there a delete for this so you can use a regular diesel fill Mosel?
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
There was a funnel that came with mine. Is the funnel for doing what you are inquiring about?

All my stations fit fine so never thought twice about. Didnā€™t even have to think about it on road trip from TX to CO.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
There is a mod to punch out the center of the fuel filler.

Go over to the JL side and do a search.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
I have had Diesel vehicles since 2018, picked up my Diesel Rubicon a month ago. For the first time, a week ago it happened that the nozzle was to big. These are the super high flow big truck nozzles... I just went to to one of the other diesel pumps at the same station and it had the normal diesel nozzle. That was easier than taking out the child seat to get access to the underseat storage where the funnel was. I also have to think that using a high flow/big nozzle cant be fun with a funnel... you would probably have to be really careful to keep the flow rate down.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
There is a mod to punch out the center of the fuel filler.

Go over to the JL side and do a search.
Do you know for certain the Diesel have the same insert? havenot looked.

What I really would like to do is retrofit on of the no cap filler ports... I know FCA has it on the Pacifica vans... But would need to find a diesel size version.

Jeep Gladiator JTRD FUEL FILL 1618514192718

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
They were talking specifically about the diesel fill. They talk about how to remove and punch out the center part and reinstall.
Some even purchased a new fill neck so as to have the unmodded on hand.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
They were talking specifically about the diesel fill. They talk about how to remove and punch out the center part and reinstall.
Some even purchased a new fill neck so as to have the unmodded on hand.
You are absolutely right... i was thinking it was a gas thing... But its a diesel. Will pay attention in the coming fill up to see how bad it is and maybe do the mod. So far has not been an issue... But the 18gal tank is small (compared to my old cayenne Diesels 26 gal tank... man I miss that tank!)

For reference: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/fill-neck-mod.37006/

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Yup, any questions you diesel guys have you should do a search over there first.
They've had the oil burner for a while now and have figured a lot of things out.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
Yup, any questions you diesel guys have you should do a search over there first.
They've had the oil burner for a while now and have figured a lot of things out.
Yeah, but my gladiator is not their wrangler and their wrangler is not my gladiator! lol. j/k

OP
OP
Calvin heinly

Calvin heinly

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have had Diesel vehicles since 2018, picked up my Diesel Rubicon a month ago. For the first time, a week ago it happened that the nozzle was to big. These are the super high flow big truck nozzles... I just went to to one of the other diesel pumps at the same station and it had the normal diesel nozzle. That was easier than taking out the child seat to get access to the underseat storage where the funnel was. I also have to think that using a high flow/big nozzle cant be fun with a funnel... you would probably have to be really careful to keep the flow rate down.
That is my problem do not want to go to a special pump to find a car diesel nozzle. I am always in the big truck line ( and the gladiator is a truck not a carā€”lol) at the pumps want to be able to fill fuel and deg at same pump.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Calvin heinly

Calvin heinly

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
There was a funnel that came with mine. Is the funnel for doing what you are inquiring about?

All my stations fit fine so never thought twice about. Didnā€™t even have to think about it on road trip from TX to CO.
Don't have the diesel, but with every gas vehicle I have bought, the funnel is used to fill from a gas can not the pump.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
Don't have the diesel, but with every gas vehicle I have bought, the funnel is used to fill from a gas can not the pump.
This is the first vehicle Iā€™ve ever purchased that came with a funnel.

OP
OP
Calvin heinly

Calvin heinly

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Do you know for certain the Diesel have the same insert? havenot looked.

What I really would like to do is retrofit on of the no cap filler ports... I know FCA has it on the Pacifica vans... But would need to find a diesel size version.
When on the lot the 1500 eco diesel has large no cap left me the gas one you show. On the 1 ton stake bed it has old style diesel cap

Jeep Gladiator JTRD FUEL FILL 1618514192718
Sponsored