Just Ordered? Check in HERE!

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Ordered by 2021 Overland Gladiator with Eco Diesel yesterday.......what's the average wait time been for expected delivery?? Did anybody get any special deals such as employee financing? The only thing offered to me was the $2,000 manufacturer incentive.....

Finance negotiations other than the price of the vehicle build haven't taken place. I'm assuming they will take place upon arrival....any advice to cut some costs after order? Assuming I have to pay full price for the build but want to cut the add-on costs since the dealership is already going to make about 4k off the price of the vehicle itself.
My dealer gave me employee pricing and guaranteed my trade offer. I have no idea how long it will take for them to start building, but hopefully it’s quicker than the wait time for my EcoDiesel Rubicon was, and my 19 2 door JL was, and my 18 2 door JL was. Every time I’ve ordered, except for my 16 hard rock, has been an extreme exercise in patience.
Sponsored

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
My dealer gave me employee pricing and guaranteed my trade offer. I have no idea how long it will take for them to start building, but hopefully it’s quicker than the wait time for my EcoDiesel Rubicon was, and my 19 2 door JL was, and my 18 2 door JL was. Every time I’ve ordered, except for my 16 hard rock, has been an extreme exercise in patience.
Man, I probably should've stayed and talked some finance but after 4 hours of trying to find what's best for me...I was worn out....On one hand, I'm glad I didn't talk finance up front because I'll have time to talk with my bank about financing before the dealer runs down my credit score for 6 months shopping my loan around......but on the other hand, would be nice to know pricing up front so I don't have to spend another 4 hours when the truck comes in....

I'm not sure if I want to trade in my Charger....I don't need another vehicle, but the charger is still in good shape but the 140k miles will probably cause a low ball trade-in offer.....Also, with the turbo-lag on the diesel the charger will be my faster, sportier excitement....Do you think that talking finances after the truck comes in provides any benefit of leverage or options? Probably not since the eco-diesel will be in high demand and I built a vehicle that's not too extreme so I'm sure others would want to buy the same

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Man, I probably should've stayed and talked some finance but after 4 hours of trying to find what's best for me...I was worn out....On one hand, I'm glad I didn't talk finance up front because I'll have time to talk with my bank about financing before the dealer runs down my credit score for 6 months shopping my loan around......but on the other hand, would be nice to know pricing up front so I don't have to spend another 4 hours when the truck comes in....

I'm not sure if I want to trade in my Charger....I don't need another vehicle, but the charger is still in good shape but the 140k miles will probably cause a low ball trade-in offer.....Also, with the turbo-lag on the diesel the charger will be my faster, sportier excitement....Do you think that talking finances after the truck comes in provides any benefit of leverage or options? Probably not since the eco-diesel will be in high demand and I built a vehicle that's not too extreme so I'm sure others would want to buy the same
It’s hard to say, depends on the dealer. I have a good relationship with my dealer so it’s a problem free process.

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc

Not sure what is your relationship with the dealer. I had a clear financing discussion with total price included including fees, no extras, etc. I am surprised they are giving $2K mfg incentive. Mfg incentives change often and you may not have that when you pick it up. I actually will be surprised that Jeep will give any mfg incentive on a 2021 when 2020s will still be sitting in the lot.
Did you pay a deposit and is it refundable?

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what is your relationship with the dealer. I had a clear financing discussion with total price included including fees, no extras, etc. I am surprised they are giving $2K mfg incentive. Mfg incentives change often and you may not have that when you pick it up. I actually will be surprised that Jeep will give any mfg incentive on a 2021 when 2020s will still be sitting in the lot.
Did you pay a deposit and is it refundable?
1k deposit non refundable, Anything we did officially agree on was put on paper, so I had them photo copy my build order which I initialized and then I had the salesperson write down the 2k incentive and initialize it.

I had a bad deal with this dealership last time with them doing some funny deals when financing and didn't show some decency on guarantees till I bitched a lot...that was 5 years ago and I feel like they may have changed from that, but still have my guard up....just need the deal finalized, but I'm pretty sure I already know what payment to expect...$800-$850 per month for 72 months

Sponsored

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
here is my build....couldn't get the rubicon price down close to overland, so I added features to overland to get it close as I can to what I wanted in rubicon...

I may do Fox shocks lift kit in the future with 35" tires...I hope I can do front lockers in the future too...other than that, I dont remember seeing a selection for wheels and tires like you can for 2020 overland, so I really hope not to get the honeycomb wheels or wheels that look like the mojave....stock overland and rubicon wheels are fine

20200803_135436.jpg

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the contact & info. I'll definitely let him know you referred me. BTW, if you don't mind which model Gladiator did you get & what was MSRP price? I'm guessing there's more room for discounts on loaded Rubicons vs Overland or Sport Models?
everything I heard, there were zero incentives and discounts for anything with the "rubicon" name attached to it...not sure about the mojave, but it does seem like they may have some deals to get more people to upgrade from sport to overland

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered from Travis @ Tri-City.

• JT RUBICON - Punk'N
  • (Dft) 8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission
  • (ABR) Trailer Tow Package
  • (AD6) Premium Led Lighting Group
  • (AEK) 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group
  • (AJ1) Jeep Active Safety Group
  • (AM2) Auxiliary Switch Group
  • (CMD) Cargo Management Group With Trail Rail System
  • (HT1) Black Freedom 3-Piece Hard Top
  • (TWG) LT285/70R17C BSW M/T Tires
  • (MC6) Winch-Capable Steel Front Bumper
  • (CSU) Mopar Hard Tri-fold Tonneau Cover
  • (XMF) Spray-In Bedliner
  • (MM3) Body-Color Fender Flares
  • (GXD) Remote Proximitry Keyless Entry
  • Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats (ALTV_Saddle) / (ALX9_Black)
  • (XBM) Remote Start System
Punk'N wasn't an option when I ordered but the Snazzberry was....Better see some pics to see if it matches the supposed leaked color swatch! Alligator green wasn't a bad color, but I think everybody was expecting it to be more like tank green and less like a darker gobi

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
1k deposit non refundable, Anything we did officially agree on was put on paper, so I had them photo copy my build order which I initialized and then I had the salesperson write down the 2k incentive and initialize it.

I had a bad deal with this dealership last time with them doing some funny deals when financing and didn't show some decency on guarantees till I bitched a lot...that was 5 years ago and I feel like they may have changed from that, but still have my guard up....just need the deal finalized, but I'm pretty sure I already know what payment to expect...$800-$850 per month for 72 months
That's good you have the incentive in writing. Just be cautious about fees, accessories, etc that they may force you to add when you are closing the deal.

Sponsored

Spcbl1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Mojave, 1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Occupation
IT Director
Just ordered a Sting Gray Mojave Monday, got my VIN first thing Tuesday. I am hoping to get a build date soon. As an otherwise impulsive shopper, from what I have been reading this is going to be a true test of patience.
It was a bit disappointing that all colors aren't available yet. My first choice was Gobi but had to go for my second choice of Gray. Does anyone know why they seem to release colors periodically throughout the year?

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
Ordered by 2021 Overland Gladiator with Eco Diesel yesterday.......what's the average wait time been for expected delivery?? Did anybody get any special deals such as employee financing? The only thing offered to me was the $2,000 manufacturer incentive.....

Finance negotiations other than the price of the vehicle build haven't taken place. I'm assuming they will take place upon arrival....any advice to cut some costs after order? Assuming I have to pay full price for the build but want to cut the add-on costs since the dealership is already going to make about 4k off the price of the vehicle itself.

I got 7% below invoice on my 2021 JTR diesel order, plus my trade (2011 BMW X5d). Worked with Travis at Tri City in Eden, NC. Easy to work with and no hassles. Ordered on 7/11.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Does Tri-city require a non refundable down payment to order?

I've been working with Koons here in North VA, and they have a $2K nonrefundable down-payment to place an order!

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
Does Tri-city require a non refundable down payment to order?

I've been working with Koons here in North VA, and they have a $2K nonrefundable down-payment to place an order!
$1,000 non refundable deposit.

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 YJ4.0l, '20 Telluride SX, '21JTR
What is the build date? Ordered '21 JTR 7/7, have VIN, in D1 status. I see people mention a build date in posts. I asked jeep chat what my build date is and they said they won't have that date until after the build process ends. This would seem to contradict the use of 'build date' from some members here, so what the heck is the build date and how are you discovering yours?

Edit: Koons confirmed Build Date 8/25.
Sponsored

Last edited: