Sponsored

Katzkin - Color for Gobi? (Thread title edited)

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I called my local off-road shop today to see about regearing and installing a set of Katzkins. The guy is a Jeeper and my local Jeep club vouches for his knowledge. He suggested Ruff Tuff as an alternative to the Katzkins, but I have never heard of that company.

Anyone running Ruff Tuff seats? Or should I just stick with Katzkins?

I'm going with Katzkin over the Ruff Tuff and looking for the best color option for my Gobi with body colored fenders and top. I like the dark saddle interior, and it looks like the Mahogany on the Katzkin site is a pretty close match. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Looks like Ruff Tuff are seat covers that go over the existing seat material, whereas the Katzkins involve removing your fabric (or OEM leather) and replacing with new leather.

Which to go with depends on your needs. If you are looking to protect your existing seats, covers are fine. If you are wanting to add leather, or change the colour of the leather, go with the Katzkins (or similar product).

OP
OP
Mr. Wuf

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
Looks like Ruff Tuff are seat covers that go over the existing seat material, whereas the Katzkins involve removing your fabric (or OEM leather) and replacing with new leather.

Which to go with depends on your needs. If you are looking to protect your existing seats, covers are fine. If you are wanting to add leather, or change the colour of the leather, go with the Katzkins (or similar product).
That’s what it looked like to me when I did a quick Google search. Pretty sure I want the Katzkins.

OP
OP
Mr. Wuf

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I'm going with Katzkin over the Ruff Tuff and looking for the best color option for my Gobi with body colored fenders and top. I like the dark saddle interior, and it looks like the Mahogany on the Katzkin site is a pretty close match. Any thoughts?

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I think Mahogany is darker than Dark Saddle, which ironically is not that dark. Having said that, I think Mahogany would look fantastic with Gobi!

Sponsored

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
You don't have to match the exterior. You just have to not clash with it. This is what I'm looking at for a Sarge Green. It would go well with Gobi or Gator. Black is primary color. The secondary color and wings are in Walnut. The stitching is bone. If you really want to match, match the stitching to the exterior color. That will make it pop.

https://katzkin.com/choose-your-des...oduct=jeep_wrangler_gladiator_stitching_2020#

Last edited:

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
You don't have to match the exterior. You just have to not clash with it. This is what I'm looking at for a Sarge Green. It would go well with Gobi or Gator. Black is primary color. The secondary color and wings are in Walnut. The stitching is bone. If you really want to match, match the stitching to the exterior color. That will make it pop.

https://katzkin.com/choose-your-des...oduct=jeep_wrangler_gladiator_stitching_2020#
Playing with it more. I think I like the OP's mahogany even better. I was going for a saddle or baseball glove leather color and mahogany works for me.

Black base color
Mahogany accent and wings color
Bone (or body color) stitching

OP
OP
Mr. Wuf

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I’ve been playing with options on the site all evening. I’m kind of liking the top one (at the suggestion of ⬆.
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin - Color for Gobi? (Thread title edited) 12888D56-347D-4CB5-8E31-B162D204657D
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin - Color for Gobi? (Thread title edited) 92D63F7F-80D8-477E-95B9-2DC92D9B020B
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin - Color for Gobi? (Thread title edited) A38BE6D6-B0A2-4D64-9782-DC9C9A4C6461

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Here where I am leaning right now. I'm also considering doing a matching ceiling by painting the ceiling black and making insulated panels wrapped in a mahogany colored burlap that install like Hotheadz.
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin - Color for Gobi? (Thread title edited) Screenshot_20210210-202544_Chrome

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
I want green stitching because the green exterior will be visible around the doors on the inside, but its for my wife and she likes bone colored stitching
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin - Color for Gobi? (Thread title edited) Screenshot_20210210-204448_Chrome

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr. Wuf

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin - Color for Gobi? (Thread title edited) Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 3.01.48 PM

I played with the site for what seems like HOURS. This is what I ended up choosing. "Cream" is the factor color match for Gladiators, according to the Katzkin rep I talked to. I like this a lot.

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
Following this thread closely. Deciding between Mahogany and Cognac. I’ve read and read Mazda forums, F150 forums, Wrangler forums, etc to see if anyone has posted pics. From what I’ve see and read, Cognac seems to be more orange than the color samples so I’m leaning towards Mahogony. I REALLY wish Katzkin would resurrect their Rawlings Baseball Leather seat editions!!

BA6011D1-1696-4013-8803-B3967847D9D4.jpeg

59767FA1-0396-44EE-ABE1-4E378DB9805E.jpeg

OP
OP
Mr. Wuf

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin - Color for Gobi? (Thread title edited) F612B90C-D6D4-44F0-A90F-46DA000B1E67

I ended up with two-tone cream/black. Cream is a little lighter than I was initially looking at, but it’s a great color match with Gobi. If I’d have gone with a single color, I’d have gone darker.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
I ordered from leatherseats.com because they offer not just seat covers, but matching center console colors, shift boots, dashboard covers, and more. With Katzkin, you are pretty much limited to just seats.
Sponsored