Sponsored

KBD Fender Flares

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
There is a thread on the JL forums about these, but not here. They have JT Specific flares. I have a set on order to replace my bushwhackers. Got the measurements & compared to the bushwhackers I have the rear should be a little wider & the front much narrower. But most importantly they look much better. The DRL/Turn Signal is the best looking I have seen for an aftermarket flare.

I have a set on order & am just debating on having them painted to color match my Firecracker Red JT or doing them in black.

https://www.kbdbodykits.com/jeep-gl...t-rear-4-piece-polyurethane-fender-flares-kit

Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares 1628445121441
Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Gloss black. Make it stand out. Add a JT oem brilliant black/willys grill and it will look great.
I am actually not a fan of the black grill thing. Gloss black for the fenders maybe. But ultimately nothing stays glossy on my rig. Washing it is not something that happens often.

GRAN1TE JT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Please post pictures when these are installed. After looking at this thread, I’m very interested in how they’ll look on a jt since there’s no pictures yet. Please keep us updated!

Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please post pictures when these are installed. After looking at this thread, I’m very interested in how they’ll look on a jt since there’s no pictures yet. Please keep us updated!
Will of course post pictures. But it’ll be a while. They are made to order so I have like 5 weeks of waiting if they are on time. Then the paint work on top of that before installing them.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really nice and great price also.
Yeah for me 419 including shipping. Definitely the best looking option for anything within 2x that price in my opinion.

GRAN1TE JT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
FYI they just updated their website with pics on a JT. I think they look awesome

bigsend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Purchased a set of these fenders last week. Should be here sometime next month. Alongside with Artec inners, should be a rad setup.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased a set of these fenders last week. Should be here sometime next month. Alongside with Artec inners, should be a rad setup.
Nice.. I ordered mine and then the AAL inners to go with them.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Dang those look great
What looks great?! I originally thought it was a pic of a jeep without any fender flares at all, until I noticed a little sliver of light., now it looks like molding attached to the front quarter panel. They are way to tiny for my taste. I prefer a fender that will keep most of the tire spray and rocks to a minimum, lol Hell its bad enough dodging rocks from other vehicles. Imagine a rock tossed forward ever so slightly from your own tire that comes back down on your windshield.... 😳

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What looks great?! I originally thought it was a pic of a jeep without any fender flares at all, until I noticed a little sliver of light., now it looks like molding attached to the front quarter panel. They are way to tiny for my taste. I prefer a fender that will keep most of the tire spray and rocks to a minimum, lol Hell its bad enough dodging rocks from other vehicles. Imagine a rock tossed forward ever so slightly from your own tire that comes back down on your windshield.... 😳
Imagine running wide flares and ripping them off on narrow trails..

I mean that seriously too. My bushwacker flares I have are much narrower then stock and I rub them regularly on the trail I run most often. Did it yesterday and 2 other gladiators wouldn’t even try because they knew they were wide enough they would take severe damage

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Whatever would hit and rip off a flare would take off the wheel that sticks past it no? If that is the main concern then wouldn't a fender delete be cheaper and more beneficial?

On second look and the pics on their site, they don't look that bad. Its just the pic posted here in the OP at that angle looks like the flares are about 2" wide.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
And that's what happened to me - and the mud as well when the snow melts, I get spray from the highway coming back and I have full stock fenders.

I'm wondering how they handle the federal requirement for side marker lights/reflectors and turn signals. Maybe the turn signal part is built into that sliver? (there's also a minimum for square inches area that must be presented)
Sponsored