First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Is there anyone out there rocking the KC Hilites Gravity Pro 6 light bar?? If so, is there any difference in road noise, and is there any way you could post a pic or two from inside the truck to determine visibility issues? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MynticeLX

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I've had it about 2 weeks now. Mixed feelings. I like the way it looks, but it makes the soft top flap like crazy... No whistling.. Just a bit of wind buffering noise. I also am a bit disappointed with the light bar bracket. They have you put the adhesive padding stickers on and they don't really adhere that well... So water issues are going to be a pain after awhile. I don't have many pics.. But happy to answer whatever.
Jeep Gladiator KC Hilites Gravity Pro Light Bar 20200605_154456

OP
OP
JCstud21

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I've had it about 2 weeks now. Mixed feelings. I like the way it looks, but it makes the soft top flap like crazy... No whistling.. Just a bit of wind buffering noise. I also am a bit disappointed with the light bar bracket. They have you put the adhesive padding stickers on and they don't really adhere that well... So water issues are going to be a pain after awhile. I don't have pics.. But happy to answer whatever.
Thanks for the info! I have been debating hard on it, but thats a good bit of money not to be 100% happy. If you can and dont mind, is there any way you could post some pics from the inside?? Thanks again!

OP
OP
JCstud21

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I've had it about 2 weeks now. Mixed feelings. I like the way it looks, but it makes the soft top flap like crazy... No whistling.. Just a bit of wind buffering noise. I also am a bit disappointed with the light bar bracket. They have you put the adhesive padding stickers on and they don't really adhere that well... So water issues are going to be a pain after awhile. I don't have many pics.. But happy to answer whatever.
Jeep Gladiator KC Hilites Gravity Pro Light Bar 20200605_154456
I just seen the pic! It does look good. I actually have that same bumper installed on my JT. Went with the Apex 12000 lb winch, fits really snug but looks great.

So does the soft top make noise when let back, or when closed? Again thanks for input!

MynticeLX

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I just seen the pic! It does look good. I actually have that same bumper installed on my JT. Went with the Apex 12000 lb winch, fits really snug but looks great.

So does the soft top make noise when let back, or when closed? Again thanks for input!
When it's closed and all windows up. Starts at about 30mph and is really loud on the highways. Almost annoying enough to have me take it off and sell.. But I'm seeing if I can live with it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JCstud21

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
When it's closed and all windows up. Starts at about 30mph and is really loud on the highways. Almost annoying enough to have me take it off and sell.. But I'm seeing if I can live with it.
Wow! Great info! I too have a soft top. You probably just made my decision for me about whether to get the light bar. I might just settle for some A Pillar lights! Thanks again!

BMyers03

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I put a Gobi wind deflector behind my lights and it made a huge sound difference.

tempImageMssIIT.png

BMyers03

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
What model wind deflector is that? Gobi stealth or ranger? I might try it.
Steath and their brackets didn't work they are to bolt to their rack. I made my own brackets and put rubber on the bottom of the deflector so it didn't hurt the paint above the windshield

BMyers03

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Steath and their brackets didn't work they are to bolt to their rack. I made my own brackets and put rubber on the bottom of the deflector so it didn't hurt the paint above the windshield
I used three brackets like the one pictured. I will probably paint them , wanted to see if it worked first.

tempImageWbkScX.png

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Check the way a life youtube channel he just did a superb review

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Did you wire your bar to the Mopar Aux switches?
If so, did you go 40A or 15A?
The specs on KC say the amp draw is 13.04. The fuse on the wiring diagram is 20/25a

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
With covers, it drastically reduces the wind noise as there is no "lip" for the wind to catch on anymore.

Jeep Gladiator KC Hilites Gravity Pro Light Bar 20220103_161414

Last edited:

slicermd

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
With covers, it drastically reduces the wind noise as there is no "lip" for the wind to catch on anymore.

Jeep Gladiator KC Hilites Gravity Pro Light Bar 20220103_161414
What bracket did you use? Did you have to cut it to fit the Mojave cowl?