Kenda Klever R/T KR601 35x10.50R17

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Put some 35 kenda klevers on today. 1.5 teraflex level also.
5A674515-DEC1-431D-956F-B730EC3303B3.jpeg
Love the look of these tires on the willys rim! I wish I would have waited for the willys...and the diesel! Nice color choice btw!
Sponsored

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
You don’t need to calibrate your tire size, at least I didn’t have to on my 2021. They calibrate automatically by transmission speed. I didn’t do a thing after putting 33’s on mine and speedometer is nuts on. Dealer confirmed they auto calibrate.
Sometimes dealers will say no need to compensate if the change is within a certain %, but to say the vehicle calibrates automatically when different size tires are put on?

I understand that your dealer said that, but I have to call BS on that one.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Only way that the odometer / speedometer is still on is if it has been recalibrate or re-geared axles after changing tires size. The only other way is if using a GPS for speedometer unless something has really changed in vehicle design. Now if the tire size change is a inch or two of stock size I would not be surprised that it's close to being correct, example I know that when I put 31 in tires on my LJ from stock tires the odometer /speedometer actually was "more" correct. Historically Jeep seems to have done that in past knowing that most of "us" was going to change the tires and size..... But that's with in a inch or so.

jmdusza01

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
RN
Had these on my 2018 JL that I just traded for 2021 JT. I loved the looks and ride of them on factory rims. I wish I could get for my JT 18 inch factory rims.

Sponsored

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
Ordered a set of these, hopefully getting installed tomorrow. Kinda worried I'm gonna hate life as I live in the mountains. The roads here are very steep. I do have 4:10 gears(max tow). My mileage up here moving around mountain community is 13. Off the mountain I get about 17-18. On highway a solid mid 19 to FL and back. Not as worried about mpg as the climbing mountain part. Update coming....

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Ordered a set of these, hopefully getting installed tomorrow. Kinda worried I'm gonna hate life as I live in the mountains. The roads here are very steep. I do have 4:10 gears(max tow). My mileage up here moving around mountain community is 13. Off the mountain I get about 17-18. On highway a solid mid 19 to FL and back. Not as worried about mpg as the climbing mountain part. Update coming....
What's the worry with mountain climbing? I also have 4.10s/Auto in my Rubicon and recently put on 35x11.50s and regularly head up mountain passes in CO. What do you want to know?

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
What's the worry with mountain climbing? I also have 4.10s/Auto in my Rubicon and recently put on 35x11.50s and regularly head up mountain passes in CO. What do you want to know?
I put a tire on my last truck that was an inch taller(4:08 gears with a manual) and it took away the extra snap right before a gear change so I didn't like that. Now this is an auto so that feeling may not be there but I'm going up 3.5". Plus the mountain rds are narrow and very steep(speeds around 25-40 limited). I hope I've been overly concerned for nothing.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I put a tire on my last truck that was an inch taller(4:08 gears with a manual) and it took away the extra snap right before a gear change so I didn't like that. Now this is an auto so that feeling may not be there but I'm going up 3.5". Plus the mountain rds are narrow and very steep(speeds around 25-40 limited). I hope I've been overly concerned for nothing.
That is a pretty big jump, I forget how small the Sport tires are. You'll definitely feel a difference since it was so over-geared before, but I felt a marginal difference going from the heavy stock 33" MT to a lighter 35" AT. Most definitely reprogram the tire size though. I noticed before I did that, the Jeep must have thought I was towing because it held gears for so long. After changing the tire size, it runs through the gears about as quick as before. Last night I went up a snowy road that climbs from 7800–9400ft in 4mi and never felt down on power in 4hi.

On my previous manual trans TJ I went from a 30" tire to a 33" tire and felt a huge difference. With this truck I did feel a difference since I'm sensitive to it, but honestly its very reasonable.

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
That is a pretty big jump, I forget how small the Sport tires are. You'll definitely feel a difference since it was so over-geared before, but I felt a marginal difference going from the heavy stock 33" MT to a lighter 35" AT. Most definitely reprogram the tire size though. I noticed before I did that, the Jeep must have thought I was towing because it held gears for so long. After changing the tire size, it runs through the gears about as quick as before. Last night I went up a snowy road that climbs from 7800–9400ft in 4mi and never felt down on power in 4hi.

On my previous manual trans TJ I went from a 30" tire to a 33" tire and felt a huge difference. With this truck I did feel a difference since I'm sensitive to it, but honestly its very reasonable.
And this tire is approx 20 29 pounds more than stock. Yes getting it reprogrammed next week.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
Well my worry was misplaced. Drove fine and really didn't notice much change thankfully of course thats only about 11 miles of travel.

Max Tow, no lift.

20201203_110510.jpg

20201203_161430.jpg

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
As I was driving it today I realized how much more free, or unrestrained the power delivery felt. Maybe @InvertedLogic is really onto something with the "overgeared" thought. Before, sometimes before a shift it felt as if it was struggling to change, maybe it was "engine breaking" in the moment before the change? I don't know just spitballing but all I know it feels better to drive.

jayqwellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow (Gobi)
As I was driving it today I realized how much more free, or unrestrained the power delivery felt. Maybe @InvertedLogic is really onto something with the "overgeared" thought. Before, sometimes before a shift it felt as if it was struggling to change, maybe it was "engine breaking" in the moment before the change? I don't know just spitballing but all I know it feels better to drive.
Now that you mention it, I dare say that my Sport Max Tow auto w/ 4.10 gears on the stock Bridgestone Dueler 245/75/R17 almost feels like the gear ratio might be too high for the 31.5 inch tire. Like you, I feel as if the tranny hesitates for a split second or two before upshifting to a higher gear during acceleration and maybe that the tranny cycles through gears rather quickly during acceleration. Each gear feels kind of short almost? I don't know its hard to explain.
Sponsored