Sponsored

Launch Edition Builds & I've read some of the Launch Edition threadsOther Launch Edition Discussions

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Initial Launch Jeep Gladiator
I've read some of the Launch Edition threads and thought this might be a good time to include this one. I'm not a regular here in the sense that I'm engaged in the community but will follow this tread to see how it goes. I apologize in advance for any beginner mistakes.

I've recently received my gladiator sword (see photo below. I took my name off photo for obvious reasons). Unlike other posts by JT owners that have criticized, whined and moaned about it’s quality, or “whatever”. I can say that doesn’t sound like a “Gladiator owner to me”. WTF over? They made over 4k of them and gifted them to us. I just don’t get those people. I found it a great addition to my den and jeep memorabilia.

gsword.jpg

Recently I added a Mopar 2” lift and 35’s to my LE. Adding a photo of it. I'll take more photos to add once I see if this tread is getting any attention. I've also added an Artec Industries half height bed rack (removed my bed cover to mount it). Holding back on an opinion on it as well. Happy to answer any questions.

image2.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wayne

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should mention that I'm not intending to have the zip tie on the wench hook. I'm just particular about what I want to do about it and any other mods. Accepting any suggestions. I'm slow to add things because aesthetics is as important to me as practical application.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Should mention that I'm not intending to have the zip tie on the wench hook. I'm just particular about what I want to do about it and any other mods. Accepting any suggestions. I'm slow to add things because aesthetics is as important to me as practical application.
Nice LE! Swap the hook for one of these: https://factor55.com/product/flatlink/

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 9.13.44 AM.png

OP
OP
Wayne

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice LE! Swap the hook for one of these: https://factor55.com/product/flatlink/

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 9.13.44 AM.png
Nice! Thanks. Looked around a bit. Decided today to go with
Thanks,

I'll research it and post my actions/thoughts, if interested in them here.
Here's what I've decided to go with. Not my JT, but winch and hooks will be pretty much the same. Not lights or winch guard. The flatlink you recommended is by far superior to a hook, but I just don't know enough about it to make that decision a this writing. I'll keep it in mind for the future. Thanks again for your input.

RubyJTWINCH ADDONS.jpg

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Thanks. Looked around a bit. Decided today to go with

Here's what I've decided to go with. Not my JT, but winch and hooks will be pretty much the same. Not lights or winch guard. The flatlink you recommended is by far superior to a hook, but I just don't know enough about it to make that decision a this writing. I'll keep it in mind for the future. Thanks again for your input.

RubyJTWINCH ADDONS.jpg

Looks good! What is the red plate surrounding your winch? And what are the red items under the bumper?

OP
OP
Wayne

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The red tabs at the bottom are for flat towing I think?
Thanks, that's not my Ruby, just one that had what I decided to go with. Will build mine in a week or two and post photos when done. You're right about the bottom mounts. They I'll mount red d-ring shackles there.

Here's a couple of photos I have of my rig. I haven't taken the time to do a decent "photo shoot" yet.

RubyJT3.jpg

RubyJT4.jpg
Sponsored