Leaf Vortex

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Well I did not have my Gladiator for leaf season last year and I have noticed a rather annoying behavior. The leaves in the bed appear to be sucked into the cab with the top down. I assume the only fix for this to to clean out the bed before putting the top down but interested in ideas.
Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Not much of a problem here in AZ - not many trees.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Well I did not have my Gladiator for leaf season last year and I have noticed a rather annoying behavior. The leaves in the bed appear to be sucked into the cab with the top down. I assume the only fix for this to to clean out the bed before putting the top down but interested in ideas.
This will happen with any truck. The flat rear window area gives the lowest layer of air a chance to drop quickly into the bed while the upper layers will pass over more smoothly and exit behind the bed. With any kind of speed you will trap a layer of air that circulates and rolls as the faster moving upper layers continue to pass over and anything in the bed that is light enough to be lifted by the swirl (empty cans, leaves, plastic bottles) will get picked up and thrown back toward the cab....with the top off they come right on in.

You could put a tonneau cover on which would give the leaves more of a chance to be pushed off by the air before being blown back in instead of being trapped in the bed (I put the Tyger tri-fold on a few weeks ago and it has been great, no water getting in the bed even with some heavy storms) or you can clean the bed out but that will be a chore to do every time you take it out of the driveway

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
It happens with all trucks. First time I tried mine with freedom panels off windows open and rear slider open I had a pine nettle tornado coming in the slider in the hard top.

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
It happens with all trucks JEEPS. First time I tried mine with freedom panels off windows open and rear slider open I had a pine nettle tornado coming in the slider in the hard top.
I fixed that for you! When I drive my TJ sans doors and sides in the rain, I need a squeegee to remove the water from the windsheild.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I fixed that for you! When I drive my TJ sans doors and sides in the rain, I need a squeegee to remove the water from the windsheild.
I could see that, I'm sure that flat windshield has an eddy at the top spinning anything coming over the top down into your lap.

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
Yeah I noticed the same thing last year, I have an oak tree next to my driveway. Fortunately here in Tampa it never went into full fall mode like up north. so it’s just a few that fly in and end up on the dash or the front Door armrests. It’s a Jeep thing. I’ve thought about a light weight car cover but it wasn’t really annoying enough to make a priority. I wish they had a cab cover with a tail that covered the bed as well that would be perfect.
Sponsored