First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator willy
Occupation
Consultant
After I did a window replacement with a professional at the dealership, the Jeep was getting wet on the inside. Just on the driver side and just in the floorboard.

It was not getting wet, even driving through the rain or sitting in rain prior to this window replacement.
The dealership said that there was a wiring that went through the firewall for a CB radio that was causing the leak. It was a straight rubber grommet going through.

I exchanged the straight gromet out for a 90° bend and left some slack in the wire so that it was lower than the hole to direct water.

A couple days later it rained again and there is water back in the floorboard again. Obviously it's something to do with the window or a seal and so I looked around and found a couple of spots where it looks like water could be dripping inside just on the driver side.

I was wondering if anybody else could take a look at the center of their windshield and see if there's a gap in the window flashing and if inside the little view circle they can see paint. Also check the door rubber channel and see if water can get behind the rubber boot at the bend toward the front of the door. That chanel looks like it could direct water inside if it gets water behind it.

I'd be happy to take some more pictures for reference if you need it. I want to take it back to the dealership and have them fix the problem but I need more direction to make sure that I know what I'm talking about. Thank you.

PXL_20221105_172212459.jpg

PXL_20221105_170735265.jpg

PXL_20221105_170225754.jpg

PXL_20221105_170000940.jpg

PXL_20221105_165909326.jpg
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
The windshield pictures look sus for sure.

The droplets on the A pillar, that has nothing to do with the windshield. The sealant around your door might be pinched somewhere. But that is a "normal" issue people have that is completely separate from the windshield.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want the dealer to fix it, remove the CB wire and put in a fresh grommet.

Stormy21

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
After I did a window replacement with a professional at the dealership, the Jeep was getting wet on the inside. Just on the driver side and just in the floorboard.

It was not getting wet, even driving through the rain or sitting in rain prior to this window replacement.
The dealership said that there was a wiring that went through the firewall for a CB radio that was causing the leak. It was a straight rubber grommet going through.

I exchanged the straight gromet out for a 90° bend and left some slack in the wire so that it was lower than the hole to direct water.

A couple days later it rained again and there is water back in the floorboard again. Obviously it's something to do with the window or a seal and so I looked around and found a couple of spots where it looks like water could be dripping inside just on the driver side.

I was wondering if anybody else could take a look at the center of their windshield and see if there's a gap in the window flashing and if inside the little view circle they can see paint. Also check the door rubber channel and see if water can get behind the rubber boot at the bend toward the front of the door. That chanel looks like it could direct water inside if it gets water behind it.

I'd be happy to take some more pictures for reference if you need it. I want to take it back to the dealership and have them fix the problem but I need more direction to make sure that I know what I'm talking about. Thank you.

Jeep Gladiator Leaking after window replacement PXL_20221105_165909326

Hi. We are having the same issue. Did you ever get it resolved or find the source ?

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
I thought there was a tsb for water leaking on the floor when you open the door? There is a kit they install to prevent that. The windshield leak however is a different story. Like mentioned, I would remove the CB wiring and install a new grommet. If it stops leaking, then you will know where to go from there. If it still leaks, the dealer has a little more work to do.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I thought there was a tsb for water leaking on the floor when you open the door? There is a kit they install to prevent that. The windshield leak however is a different story. Like mentioned, I would remove the CB wiring and install a new grommet. If it stops leaking, then you will know where to go from there. If it still leaks, the dealer has a little more work to do.
The door drip guard TSB is just a water guide that installs on the front end of the roof/door gutter that direct the water from your roof gutter further into the front of the door so the water doesn't drip directly onto your leg when you open the door. This definitely seems different and likely from something away from the door seals.
Sponsored