Tomentose

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Hey all,
Im pretty electronically simple-minded and would love some help from you DIY experts. I have 2x rugged ridge roof racks which have space for 4, 3" light pods to be mounted on each. one rack faces backwards and one forwards for a total of 8 pods in 2 separate groups. I want to wire the front pods together and connect it to one of the provided aux switches on the Jeep and the back lights to another position. Problem is that the way i want to run the wiring, i will need an extension harness for each group. the other issue i have is that the provided harness has quick connects as well as the relay, fuse box, and switch. since i will be running the extension cable from the lights to the gap between the cab and bed, then under the truck and back to the engine compartment i need to start with the extension cable. i also want to bypass the switch entirely as it will be tied into the aux switches. I have a sodering gun, electrical tape and can get connectors and heat shrink tubing with no issue. How do i do this? please make it as stupid simple as possible and if it helps im a visual learner - even a detailed youtube video link would be huge.

so to sum up:
- add a 10' extenion harness to the provided harness
- remove the provided switch (and relay/fuse if possible)
- switch the quick connects from the provided harness to the extension
- how to mount it all in the engine compartment

i have the Auxbeam 3" LED Pods 40W 4800LM Spot Beams
https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-4800LM-Offroad-Yellow-Frame-Driving/dp/B0998PVXHF?th=1

my extension will be something like:
https://www.amazon.ca/Nilight-Wirin...+harness+extension,automotive,135&sr=1-3&th=1

**note for the Jeep pic the cables would obviously run along the drivers side but i just didnt have a pic of that side handy

81nt-Sxdw+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

20220429_130120.jpg

auxbeam marness.jpg

diagram.jpg
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
You can ditch the relay, fuse, and switch. Group positive wires from one group together, and negative wires from same group together. Run each of these wires to under the hood. Land the positive wire on whichever AUX switch you want, and negative wire on the ground block next to battery.

Repeat for other group of lights.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
If their advertising on the wattage is true, you'll have .666 amps on each AUX switch, 3 & 4 are rated to 15 amps each.

OP
OP
Tomentose

Tomentose

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
You can ditch the relay, fuse, and switch. Group positive wires from one group together, and negative wires from same group together. Run each of these wires to under the hood. Land the positive wire on whichever AUX switch you want, and negative wire on the ground block next to battery.

Repeat for other group of lights.
that easy??

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
that easy??
Yup, all that extra stuff is covered when you use the AUX switches. So all you need are the connectors specific to the lights, enough wire to get where you want, and a way to seal the splices.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
If their advertising on the wattage is true, you'll have .666 amps on each AUX switch, 3 & 4 are rated to 15 amps each.
FWIW, my 15A switches are 2 and 4. Depending on future plans, it’s something to double check and keep in mind - the 40A switches are overkill for this.
Sponsored