First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Bought mine 6/6 and had CA plates from my dealer before the end of July. Paper plates were good to September 7th, though.

I just sent an email to my contact at the dealership. We’ll see if they respond. Btw, I’m in CA.
Sponsored

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I transferred my plate from my Ram, but, the new registration took a month to get here. Told my wife, if we went through a license check, or got pulled over, they would think it was an awful funny looking Ram.......

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased my JT on 06/28 and still haven’t received my plates. Usually I get it within 2 weeks of purchase.

For those who purchased a JT during the pandemic ... did you receive your license plates?
Mine took almost 3 months to get my plate swapped over, because the courthouse was shut down to the public. FINALLY, they opened to the public, and I went in, stood in line for over a damn HOUR! and then got it swapped over to the Jeep in like 10 minutes. Now that it's transferred, I can just renew online, and they send me the stickers to my mailbox! THANK GOD!

The idiot dealership never gave me a temporary like they were supposed to. That took 2 months to get, after MANY calls and attempts to get them to mail me one (I bought out of state). So, after finally getting in touch with the ladies in the accounting department, they sent one out to me, after 2 months of hoping I didn't get pulled-over by the cops and running my old tag off my Mustang, hoping no cops got behind me and ran my tag, because it wasn't transferred over yet, due to the closed courthouse, and NO temp tag... It was just one big damn joke. That's just PART of why I hate that dealership, and will never deal with them again...Even if they have the best price around. I'll pay more just to NOT deal with those incompetent retards.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I just sent an email to my contact at the dealership. We’ll see if they respond. Btw, I’m in CA.
I'm not far from you in OC. I purchased my JT in April and didn't want to put the white plates on. I ordered the black plates (about a month ago) and received them a week ago. Bottom line, I ran temp plates from April to end of July and had no issue. The cops have bigger fish to fry right now.

See what the dealer says but yes there's a CA delay and no you shouldn't worry about temp plates.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I purchased mine Apr 4th, didn't get the paperwork in from the dealer until early/mid July. They extended temp plates to 100 days here because they knew it would be slow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DeezJT

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was just worried. I did purchase personalized plates last month but I’m sure there will be a delay in that too. I’ll wait it out.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
As long as your temps are good there's no reason to worry. Even if they do expire you can always go to your dealer and request new temps, they're no stranger to having to do that if yours are taking a long time.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I bought mine out of state on 1/24....I literally received the FL tag in the mail on 2/25....so took the full 30day temp tag duration. That was before the pandemic.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Purchased second week of July in Pennsylvania. Since I live in NJ, it was the first time in my life that I was more than happy to pay the document fee so they had to title it (NJ DMV re-opened that week and would close by 10-11 am for over capacity. People would line up at 3:am to try to get in).

I was shocked when my plates/title came 3 week later. My only guess is they still allowed dealer transaction "drop-offs" where they didn't have to wait, but could come back at the end of the day for the completed transaction.

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator "Gobi Wan Kenobi"
Occupation
......................Sacrificial Peon
Purchased mine 6-26....Received new paperwork for windows dated good UNTIL 9-26......Minnesota what a shitshow state.

Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I brought my jt home on memorial day weekend and still don't have my plates. My temporary tag expired the beginning of July and the cover fell off about a month or so ago.

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
I bought mine in West Virginia and registered in Florida. It took two months through the dealer
Sponsored