Troop

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Rubicon
Hi Everyone,

I’m looking to put a lift of my 20 Gladiator Rubicon. I’ve already put 35’s on, but want more ground clearance and articulation for mild off-roading. However I need my Jeep to be good for long trips, and towing a little tear drop trailer.

The Mopar kit is too expensive for me and I’m debating between three kits and wondering if anybody can provide advice or recommendations on these options or something else?

1) Skyjacker 2.5" Dual Rate-Long Travel System with 1.5" Rear Coils and M95 Monotube Shocks.

- Negative - no caster correction and replaces my nice riding factory fox shocks.

- Positive - good price for shocks and coils.

2) Fabtech 3 Inch Sport II Lift Kit with Shock Extensions

- Negative - nothing to correct caster.

- Positive - comes with shock extenders, so I can keep my factory Fox shocks. Just not sure extenders are a good idea?

3) Rancho 3 Inch Lift X-Lander RS3 Suspension System

- Negative - higher price than the other two, and would need to buy new longer shocks or shock extenders.

- Positive - the kit comes with adjustable control arms.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Skyjacker G250MSB spacer lift. Haven't installed it yet, but it's sitting in the backseat waiting for when I get time. That way I keep my good-riding Rubi springs, and my nice factory Fox shocks. And the kit is only about $350.

OP
OP
Troop

Troop

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Skyjacker G250MSB spacer lift. Haven't installed it yet, but it's sitting in the backseat waiting for when I get time. That way I keep my good-riding Rubi springs, and my nice factory Fox shocks. And the kit is only about $350.
Thanks for the info. I also like the idea of keeping the cool factory fox shocks, just worried about how strong the shock extensions would be if your offroading and bump it hard or come off a ledge hard. Also wondering what is the lift height where we need to worry about caster correction?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I also like the idea of keeping the cool factory fox shocks, just worried about how strong the shock extensions would be if your offroading and bump it hard or come off a ledge hard. Also wondering what is the lift height where we need to worry about caster correction?
I was worried at first, as well, until I saw how they mounted...It has a bolt that holds the bottom of the extension into the original shock mount, as well as the big grade-8 nut & bolt. I own actual offroad trucks, so this Jeep won't be doing any hardcore wheeling...Just some light off-roading when hunting and fishing, exploring property, etc...

OP
OP
Troop

Troop

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was worried at first, as well, until I saw how they mounted...It has a bolt that holds the bottom of the extension into the original shock mount, as well as the big grade-8 nut & bolt. I own actual offroad trucks, so this Jeep won't be doing any hardcore wheeling...Just some light off-roading when hunting and fishing, exploring property, etc...
Okay cool. Thanks for the advice. Please share a before and after picture when you get it done, if you don't mind.
Sponsored