Lift kit on sport......worth it?

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I started with Rubicon take off suspension, a teraflex 1" spacer and, 285 70 17 bfgs on my Sport S non max tow. I gained about 3/4" with just the rubicon suspension. I have ridden that for about a year and it worked great for me. I do a lot of camping and moderate trail riding (Imogene etc.). I just put on the MOPAR lift last week but added track bars and geometry relocation brackets in anticipation of 35s. I'm happy with the new set up but don't have many miles on it yet. Since I have a manual I'm planning on a regear after 35s as well.

Ultimately, Rubicon take off is your best bang for buck and there's no need to add any extra components like trackbars.

If you decide on the MOPAR 2" I doubt you'll have any regrets, it rides great as well but I would look into the cost of of the kit plus trackbars
Same set up here but with 35 x 12.5 R17 Open Country MTs

It rides almost as well as factory and is a beast off road. I'm going to put some sway bar disconnects and replace the fenders next before I do any more suspension work

I bought the Rubicon take-offs for like $300 off the classifieds here
Sponsored

OP
OP
joemussari

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
Same set up here but with 35 x 12.5 R17 Open Country MTs

It rides almost as well as factory and is a beast off road. I'm going to put some sway bar disconnects and replace the fenders next before I do any more suspension work

I bought the Rubicon take-offs for like $300 off the classifieds here
I think i might just look around for some rubicon take offs. Add a leveling kit and call it a day.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
lol appreciate all of the responses! i wouldnt mind a slight lift. My fear is it will ride like my 2 door JK and ill end up hating it.
I started with an Overland - to me it was a bit too jouncy. Good ride, but.........
The Fox shocks and Rubicon front springs made it more firm, more like a small truck, but it's NOT a harsh ride at all. I do have to take our railroad crossings a bit more easily where the Overland springs and shocks would "float" over the tracks and holes in the pavement, but it's comfortable over-all.
I have to say that IMO, you won't hate the ride, you may like it better, in fact.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
While a subject of discussion, do you or anybody know the actual lift you get with the Mopar lift on a Sport? I know it is a 2” lift for a Rubicon, so 3” on a Sport? Looking into this set-up with a front adjustable track bar on 35s and be done with it.
I can tell you from experience with my Iron Rock OffRoad 2” spacer kit. Did not change my ride at all, bolt on and added 285-70-17 raised almost 4”. Easy peezy.
Jeep Gladiator Lift kit on sport......worth it? 4E184091-E46E-4CAB-B948-7AD36F9AD502

OP
OP
joemussari

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
I can tell you from experience with my Iron Rock OffRoad 2” spacer kit. Did not change my ride at all, bolt on and added 285-70-17 raised almost 4”. Easy peezy.
Jeep Gladiator Lift kit on sport......worth it? 4E184091-E46E-4CAB-B948-7AD36F9AD502
That looks pretty good! Ride quality is about the same?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That looks pretty good! Ride quality is about the same?
Spacer lifts mean you are riding on the exact same springs with the springs in the exact same position of being relaxed or compressed.
The spacers should make no ride difference at all in that respect. (as long as all of the bolts that hold any parts with bushings (control arms, links, track bar, whatever) are loosened and then torqued again once the spacers are in place and the truck on the ground)

Any time springs are replaced or spacers added or removed, anything that changes the curb height of the truck, bolts must be loosened and then torqued once the change is made and the truck is on the ground. Otherwise the bushings are twisted and stressed. So any link, bar, arm, whatever, that has a bushing, those bolts need to be loosened, add the springs or spacers, then set it down and torque those bolts again.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Spacer lifts mean you are riding on the exact same springs with the springs in the exact same position of being relaxed or compressed.
The spacers should make no ride difference at all in that respect. (as long as all of the bolts that hold any parts with bushings (control arms, links, track bar, whatever) are loosened and then torqued again once the spacers are in place and the truck on the ground)

Any time springs are replaced or spacers added or removed, anything that changes the curb height of the truck, bolts must be loosened and then torqued once the change is made and the truck is on the ground. Otherwise the bushings are twisted and stressed. So any link, bar, arm, whatever, that has a bushing, those bolts need to be loosened, add the springs or spacers, then set it down and torque those bolts again.
And that was how it was done! Very well stated. đź‘Ť I really like it this way. I did it this way to maintain factory rake for towing. Once torqued back to factory specs same factory ride.