JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Incase most of you missed it, we displayed our prototype for the Off-Road Side-Mirrors for the JL/JT at the SEMA Show. Here's a screencap from our live booth walk, which can be watched here:

We'll have more info out on these in the coming weeks!

Jeep Gladiator Light Bar Brands & information gathering 1636474738163

Jeep Gladiator Light Bar Brands & information gathering 1636474793056
Sponsored

Labrat1970

First Name
Lorri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Gladiator Mojave edition
Occupation
🚑
For me, I find the high beams with the Sport S lighting to be practically useless, and not significantly better than the low beams. If you live in an area with unlit roads, with the risk of deer and other animals, having improved lighting is a big help. The Aux switches make turning the lights on and off very easy, so you’re not that guy who leaves a light bar on if there is oncoming traffic. My cowl mounted fogs provide decent side road lighting. I can also quickly aim them forward and use amber instead of white, for dense fog. I have the Vision-X lights in my rear bumper and really like them for backing down my driveway. Again, the Aux switches are great with this. Easy on/off if/when needed.
I can certainly understand your question about priorities though. Lighting was the last project I did
I live in an area with no street lights and LOTS of wild life and occasionally the two legged one who likes to dress in black and walk their dog on blind corners. I would appreciate the extra light.

Deleted member 28696

Several weeks ago, I created a post called "Light Bar w/Noise Dampening" and reported that I had a Rigid 50" Light Bar; well it turns out I was mistaken.; it was a Rough Country 50" Light Bar.

I'm creating this post for all to know that there are different brands of light bars and get everyone's thoughts on what they like and don't like; Brands, Internal & External.

I will start with what I bought.

Rough County 50" Dual Band Light Bar I bought was only $400 + Mounting kit. Very nice 20K Lumens, but the wind drag made the wife upset to where I gave it my teenage (2011 JK).

I'm not sure why the wind noise was so loud, but here are some things I noticed/did:
1. Gladiator Windshield is more slanted than the regular JKs
2. The back of the Rough Country Light Bar is flat; compared to a Rigid Industry curve
3. After adding the car door trim (O'Rielly Auto Parts), it didn't help on the noise

From my other thread, I have read the reviews on the Internal Light Bars which are located above the visors; only problem with that is that I am 6'2" and it looks like it may cut down on my visibility. Not sure.

For now I am content with having new Oracle 9" Headlights, as they are much more brighter than stock; however I may look into other options based on everyone's feedback.

Thx for your time,
Just finished installing my KC Gravity 6 PRO LED light Bar and A-Pillar Spot lights this weekend, they look awesome and work well. I do get some increased noise from wind buffering when driving into the wind at highway speeds but no whistling. I did tilt my lights down a bit using the bump stop so that If I off road at night I'm lighting the road ahead instead of lighting the sky. I'm sure a few adjustments will be needed. I also have an SPOD which made the whole install a whole lot easer but knowing what to cut off the KC wiring harness is key since you really can't use the KC instructions at that point.

Jeep Gladiator Light Bar Brands & information gathering IMG_0038.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 28696

All those extra lights? Is there a viable use for them? Other than being leader on a night ride or solo night riding, is there a good reason to put the money there, as opposed to, say, skids, bumpers or recovery tools?
For Me it totally changes the looks of the Gladiator to Bad A** but if you off road at night it looks like the the way to go for visibility. It's illegal to use them on road in most places, they have to be DOT compliant. If you don't have them covered you may get pulled over I've read. I do have a couple of ditch A-Pillar lights as well I assume it's so you can see where the road ends at the sides at night etc. I don't off road much it's more for the looks but when I need them I'll have them.

Oasis Supernova

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
high Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. So this is my first jeep. Little did I know when buying this thing how addictive and expensive upgrades are. Seeing how the sticker price alone was enough for my wife to faint, I've been cautiously trying not to spend too much on upgrades. I decided to try out the auxbeam 6 mode lights, and I have to say I love these things. Only paid like $120 for all four and wiring harnesses. I've had them on for a little over a year maybe longer. No rust. No nothing. The brackets i got of off Amazon for $30 and plasti dipped them. I'm extremely happy. I just can't shell out a ton of money on high end parts. 1. The wife would kill me. B. Have too many hobbies, and 3. I like to see what I can do on a cheap budget. Hope ya'll like it. Like I said, first jeep. It's a learning curve. Lol

20210330_164350.jpg

20210502_103436.jpg

20210502_103352.jpg

Attachments

Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
My 1st option was to replace the Stock Headlights with Oracle 9" Headlights. They are about x50 times brighter than stock and well worth the cost to me ($700). Was told these are the brightest legal running lights you can have or very close to it; I'm betting very close to it.

When I purchased my JT in January this year, the front bumper had a winch and lightbar (9") included. After adding the Oracle 9" lights, they are so bright in just low beam running mode, you can not see a difference when you turn on the light bar.

It a waste down there now. Saving funds to replace bumper or move the lightbar to another jeep of mine.

Jeep Gladiator Light Bar Brands & information gathering 20210502_103352
What bumper is that...is it possibly made in aluminum?

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
I know it might be a silly question but anyone got any insight?
Not a silly question; I have a $600k house with no garage
Sponsored