Sponsored

Limp mode in my 2023 Diesel

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
The Nittos measured out at 40” it’s just if you entered 40.0 as a value, at 40 mph it started surging and slowing down.
Really, that is interesting. At what pressure and what is the actual tire spec.
In my experience Nittos run 37,9 to 39,7 under normal street pressure between 32 (R17) and 65 (R24)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Darkspeed

Darkspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTDR
That’s is a good question, I had them aired up quite a bit to make them seat, I guess I should remeasure that. Would 0.3” cause surging and lurching at 40 mph. I thought that would be more of a limp issue but I guess I was wrong.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
That’s is a good question, I had them aired up quite a bit to make them seat, I guess I should remeasure that. Would 0.3” cause surging and lurching at 40 mph. I thought that would be more of a limp issue but I guess I was wrong.
Honestly doubt it but 0.3 diameter difference make over 6 inches difference on circumference 😅

OP
OP
Darkspeed

Darkspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTDR
I’m going to try to see if I can get the value closer to the actual diameter from 38.0 without triggering the surge/ lurch issue. I wonder what the maximum allowed value is in the AEV procal snap software.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
I’m going to try to see if I can get the value closer to the actual diameter from 38.0 without triggering the surge/ lurch issue. I wonder what the maximum allowed value is in the AEV procal snap software.
I don't really believe that this is the issue. Awesome if it is simply that.
I mean, on most vehicles it is programmed so that the speedo and such reads a few miles faster than actual speed...