First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 JK x2 | ‘20 JL | ‘21 Gladiator
Occupation
Fry Cook @ Dairy Queen
I’m a chronic Jeep owner going back to ‘13 with a new JK (6spd) a second used ‘13 JK (auto) a few years later, both had about 25k in tires, wheels, lifts and accessories between DIY and indie shops.

Most recently I ran a base ‘20 JL (6spd) that I barely had for a year and just traded for a 2021 Gladiator.

Whew!

Totally new to this model, love it so far - I swore off mods but at a minimum I do want some nicer tires than what comes on the base black steelies - what tire can I fit on that rim?

Also, looks like we have more clearance than a stock JK/JL how much tire/rim can I get in that wheel well -and- is the 4.10 sufficient- that’s what Rubi’s have, correct?

Thx all-
Sponsored

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I’m a chronic Jeep owner going back to ‘13 with a new JK (6spd) a second used ‘13 JK (auto) a few years later, both had about 25k in tires, wheels, lifts and accessories between DIY and indie shops.

Most recently I ran a base ‘20 JL (6spd) that I barely had for a year and just traded for a 2021 Gladiator.

Whew!

Totally new to this model, love it so far - I swore off mods but at a minimum I do want some nicer tires than what comes on the base black steelies - what tire can I fit on that rim?

Also, looks like we have more clearance than a stock JK/JL how much tire/rim can I get in that wheel well -and- is the 4.10 sufficient- that’s what Rubi’s have, correct?

Thx all-
In run a 35”. I see on other threads guys running 37”s on stock wheels. My 35”s work well with the 4.10 gearing.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running 315 70 17 BFG KO2s on mine and the 4.10 gears are plenty. I average about 18.5 to 19 mpg on those. I will be going to 37's when these wear out. I have got right at 21 mpg on a 6hr trip. Here's how it sits currently

Jeep Gladiator Long Time Jeeper | Just Joined The Gladiator Club PXL_20200913_173326147

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Here it is sitting stock with no lift the day I had the tires installed. If you got a Max tow and trim the bottom of the air dam a little you will have no issues fitting 35's and have no issues with rubbing.

Jeep Gladiator Long Time Jeeper | Just Joined The Gladiator Club IMG_20200213_182855

Sponsored

OP
OP
Drew_ATL

Drew_ATL

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 JK x2 | ‘20 JL | ‘21 Gladiator
Occupation
Fry Cook @ Dairy Queen
very helpful thx!

Here it is sitting stock with no lift the day I had the tires installed. If you got a Max tow and trim the bottom of the air dam a little you will have no issues fitting 35's and have no issues with rubbing.

Jeep Gladiator Long Time Jeeper | Just Joined The Gladiator Club IMG_20200213_182855

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Rubi's can come with 4.10 gears or 3.73s (optionally). Rubi's can fit 35" tires without a lift. There may be mild rubbing at hard turns if you run stock wheels (or wheels with the stock offset). Here is my JT with Fifteen52 Analog wheels and 35" tires and no lift. It sags slightly in the front due to rock rails, dual-batteries and the winch and steel bumper (came from factory with plastic). It has plenty of acceleration with 4.10 gearing and those tires--but bear in mind that I also drive that 2007 JK with the the same tires, 3.8L motor, 4.88 gears, and way too much weight for a sensible overlander. The JK is a slug in comparison. I will install a 1.5" Teraflex spacer leveling kit once I receive the special torque wrench that it takes (one with angle measurements). If you're not familiar with that kind of torque wrench and do your own mods, might want to get on the order list for one. They seem to be all the rage in new vehicle torque specifications these days (i.e., torque XXX bolt to 100ft-lbs then 125°), and a lot of higher quality models are in short supply.

Jeep Gladiator Long Time Jeeper | Just Joined The Gladiator Club Driveway Poseur Shots, Nov 20, CP_954538, Jeeps and Clouds

If you'd like to see how the JT does for overlanding (including Black Gap, a Jeep Badge of Honor Trail), here are a couple video teasers for series I've made. Mods were in progress when these were filmed ...

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I'm running 315 70 17 BFG KO2s on mine and the 4.10 gears are plenty. I average about 18.5 to 19 mpg on those. I will be going to 37's when these wear out. I have got right at 21 mpg on a 6hr trip. Here's how it sits currently

Jeep Gladiator Long Time Jeeper | Just Joined The Gladiator Club Driveway Poseur Shots, Nov 20, CP_954538, Jeeps and Clouds
That is a great looking JT. Love how you kept the round extra lights and didn’t do the square or cube ones.
Sponsored