TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at getting a different rear bumper. I was wanting something low profile that didn't hang lower than the body line (not the rubicon sliders). ADD makes a couple of options that are pretty pricey. My JL had ADD bumpers and sliders but I don't think I want to spend that much again.

I found a good looking stubby rear bumper by Go Rhino. It says it will fit a JT but I can not find any pictures of the stubby rear on a gladiator.

Go Rhino rear stubby -
Go Rhino® - Rockline Rear Stubby Bumper | 371100T
Jeep Gladiator Low profile - High clearance rear bumper options 1627055795373

Does anyone have one of these or have a cool rear bumper with high clearance?

Post pics if you do.
Sponsored

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
I dont have mine in yet, but motobilt.com has some very good bumpers. I've used them for 5+ years now.

Are you looking to retain any type of trailer hitch? or do you want it as tucked as possible to the chassis.

OP
OP
TxSmitty

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at the motobilt gladius. I really like it and was the first bumper I was interested in. The price of the stubby was a game changer. Going to keep the factory hitch but wanted to keep it as high on the sides as possible.

I am about to chop my rear fenders and am going to have my buddy wrap my JT like the Flatbill concept (except no yellow or numbers) with a few changes. The rear lower bed might get chopped as well (dovetailed) so I didn't want a bumper hanging low.

I have built bumpers before. I built the sliders, roof rack and rear bumper tire carrier on my 78 Scout. That might be what I end up doing but was interested to see peoples reviews and options.

Reactions: Jut

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
I cant say enough positive things about motobilt, they have very good build quality and the welding / finishing is top notch.

my LJ had tons & 40s, the motobilt bumpers were great - I pulled out x4 1ton trucks from a farmers field with a tow strap and they didn't deform at all.

and I was getting a good 15 foot head start on my yanks

Screenshot_20210723-121048_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-121107_Instagram.jpg

OP
OP
TxSmitty

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

I also like the EVO rear bumper they had on their 2019 SEMA gladiator. It even had a tire carrier option. Can't find it anywhere either.

Make sure and post when you get that bumper on.
Sponsored