First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator North, Ducati Scrambler
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Glad your latch is working better after some time. I'm not having the same luck. Mine has been installed for about a week and I still think the latching mechanism is crap. I have to physically push the left pin in to the recess for it to latch on that side, which isn't a big deal (and works) but is sad that the quality isn't a tad bit better. I agree that the quality is 'get what you pay for'. I also think that this is manufactured by the same company that does the Tyger Tri-Fold, and this is their roll-up option (Tyger=Tiger / Lyon=Lion, you can see the word play at hand).

I fixed the unsightly rear overhang on the corners by moving it as far forward on the bed as possible. it is snug near the cab, but the back of the bed where it meets the rear corners looks better. I'm still getting a good seal with closing the tailgate with it mounted this way. I've been through torrential rain in the last week and I've only noticed a trickle of water at the rear where it is getting between the seams of the tailgate and bed which could be fixed if you were inclined to install the provided weather stripping (which I didn't).
Agree and when latching the back its completely hit or miss. Sometimes it locks in with ease and sometimes I have kind of pull up on the outer rail and force it in. There is a very good seal at the tailgate end, almost to the point its hard to close at times. Still haven't been exposed to rain. Especially still working from home and parking in the garage. Has had a few washes and haven't noticed any water on the inside.

Overall though for the price, I'm happy with the cover. It stays closed the majority of the time, and only gets rolled up when transporting the smoker or kayak.
Sponsored

STLMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 20 JLU, 900whp C6
I installed this bed cover just this past weekend. I am thoroughly pleased with it. Installation was easy. The latches work great and it keeps the rain out. Maybe I just got lucky

Ankh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine today. Instructions terrible. Couldn't get it to latch even with tension adjustment. Read a review on Amazon that said shim the back rails on gladiators about a 1/4" and bingo. Fits good, looks good, and locks. No rain yet but appears to be water tight. For the price I so far am satisfied.
Sponsored