Main seal leaking oil at 13k miles?

Gdavis

First Name
Graig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just hit 13k miles on my Gladiator Rubicon and it looks like an oil leak from them win seal into bell housing? Calling the dealership in the morning...
Jeep Gladiator Main seal leaking oil at 13k miles? A33771C2-E80E-46BA-997B-5D453B8F54CA
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I am on your side getting this fixed but is the leak actually forming droplets? A lot of vehicle makers to include FCA many times do not consider it a leak until visible droplets form and not capillary staining.

OP
OP
Gdavis

Gdavis

First Name
Graig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I am on your side getting this fixed but is the leak actually forming droplets? A lot of vehicle makers to include FCA many times do not consider it a leak until visible droplets form and not capillary staining.
Yea , there is a puddle on the garage floor.

Tuvshinbat

First Name
Tuvshinbat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Self employed
Just hit 13k miles on my Gladiator Rubicon and it looks like an oil leak from them win seal into bell housing? Calling the dealership in the morning...
Jeep Gladiator Main seal leaking oil at 13k miles? A33771C2-E80E-46BA-997B-5D453B8F54CA
Hi. I have same problem and did you find where it leaks???

Sponsored

Deleted member 24880

Yep leaving it’s mark on my garage floor is how I noticed mine. It was an easy fix once I took it to a competent dealer. Sorry to hear your having the same problem.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Yep leaving it’s mark on my garage floor is how I noticed mine. It was an easy fix once I took it to a competent dealer. Sorry to hear your having the same problem.
Iam not up to speed on the crankshaft and block layout on the pentastar but typically you have to pull at least the transmission to get to the rear main seal. Maybe its easier with modern engines?

Deleted member 24880

Iam not up to speed on the crankshaft and block layout on the pentastar but typically you have to pull at least the transmission to get to the rear main seal. Maybe its easier with modern engines?
I just meant the 2nd dealer made it easy to deal with. They had it all done in 1 day. Not the old days of pulling the motor and trans to change it. They dropped the tranny, pulled the seal and replaced it. I would have had it back that day but they blew the Z fuse and had to order it so I got it the following morning.

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
I just discovered the same issue! We'll see how the dealer addresses, I am scheduling an appointment.

I am at 9600 miles and the leak is definitely dripping.

Sponsored

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4-X, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL
Ditto....had mine in yesterday and confirmed rear main seal was leaking. Its going to get replaced this week under warranty...

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
I just discovered the same issue! We'll see how the dealer addresses, I am scheduling an appointment.

I am at 9600 miles and the leak is definitely dripping.
Dealer confirmed rear main seal. It is being replaced, under warranty even with the supercharger.:party:

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4-X, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL
Mine looked like it was maybe pinched from the factory....the replacement is better than the origional...so at least that's a bonus...
Sponsored