Manual Transmission hiccup

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I have a stock 23 sport with approx. 3000miles and I get the hesitation between 2500-3000 RPMs under light acceleration while in 3rd gear, usually rush hour traffic on city streets. It's not occasionally, it's daily. On one occasion I had a similar hesitation in 4th gear while driving on the highway in traffic under light acceleration, but just once.

I took the vehicle in to have Jeep take a look at it (more or less to confirm my assumptions) and of course they were not able to duplicate the issue. I then went in and took the tech for a ride to duplicate the issue and I had a hard time as well. The tech was very open about the issues with the manual transmission and the clutch, but wasn't sure what would be causing the problem I described.

My assumption is the light acceleration under those conditions does not match the ECU's programming which results in a slight hesitation. I asked him what he thought and he said that sounded plausible and while they were not able to correct the issue at least they had noted the issue in my account.
Sponsored

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 96 Chevy 3500, 89 XJ (project)
I've only got 1k miles on my JTR and I noticed it within days of owning it. Mostly in 2nd for me. I am pretty confident its the clutch as others have noted based on my prior history with dual mass fly wheel vehicles.

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
I have noticed the same thing since new. Never took it in as I knew the jeep God's would allow me to duplicate it. I also have had mine in for so many quality control issues, pretty tired of seeming my dealership.

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Follow Up: I had the clutch recall done and I still have the hiccup.
Sponsored