BK_Yeti

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The sports bar does not appear to add much function, but damn it looks good! Anyone have an idea on what the red, green/blue and white lights on the top bar might be for?
This is my impression as well. Looks cool, but doesn't add utility. Would love to be wrong though - does anyone have an idea on functionality specifically enabled by the roll bar?
Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This is my impression as well. Looks cool, but doesn't add utility. Would love to be wrong though - does anyone have an idea on functionality specifically enabled by the roll bar?
My desire for the sports bar is for several things:
1. Light mount
2. Additional you're down options
3. Form. I've always thought the bed looks slightly unproportional. Adding a large lift and tires makes it better. But adding the sports bar balances it out. I don't want anything more than 2 inch lift with 35 inch tires.

Just my opinion.

mmollo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, 1985 CJ7, F-250, BMW X5, Ferrari California, Lamborghini Aventador
My desire for the sports bar is for several things:
1. Light mount
2. Additional you're down options
3. Form. I've always thought the bed looks slightly unproportional. Adding a large lift and tires makes it better. But adding the sports bar balances it out. I don't want anything more than 2 inch lift with 35 inch tires.

Just my opinion.
Mojocho,
My thoughts exactly on the sports bar. The Jeep is a little awkward looking with the bed. Even though the bed is short it looks too long. I think the sports bar would pull it all together.

I would love to see a picture of the sports bar with the hard top off.

The only thing your wrong on is 2” and 35’s. You need 3” and 37’s :)

sodak

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator rubicon
Really nice looking rack system!

Looking at the photo below it appears that the roof rack overhangs the existing freedom panels. Given this I don't think there would be any place to allow the Sunrider for Hardtop to fold into when it was open.

Maximus-3-Jeep-Gladiator-Racks-SEMA2019-IMG_4409.jpg

- the Bestop Team
www.bestop.com
That's the difficulty for me

Would love a roof top ra k but I love my sunrider..just need to find one so I can have both

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Would love a roof top ra k but I love my sunrider..just need to find one so I can have both
Evo makes one. $700 yikes,i may have to go that route though, or make my own.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

It would be cool if the rack could slide back and lock in place to allow the Sunrider to fold back...:idea:

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I really like those Black Rhino wheels. Would like to know more about them, sizes available - model no. etc.. If anybody recognizes them right off the bat, let The Captain know please!!
I was thinking the same thing. The wheel and tire setup with the roll bar is the perfect combo.... absolutely sick

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
I really like this system, I like the 3 layer approach to hauling gear, but I wish the planks were closer to bed rail height. Having them mount below the trail rail system seems to limit the usability of the bed, which arguably is the most secure portion of this type of setup. Is there any change that a revision or future model might offer those plants to sit the 3 inches or so higher? I’d like it to function almost like a hard tonneau that can secure items still.

Sponsored

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I thought of a couple of slight adjustments to the sports bar that would give it quite a bit more functionality.

1. Extend your chase light mount out to the edges on both sides. This would allow us to mount lights that face to the side of the truck without throwing huge shadows from the bars.

2. Make provisions in your chase light mount so that traction boards could be mounted on top if no lights were being ran in the center of it.

3. Modify or offer different side plates (the part between two bars with the mesh insert) that have the ability to mount RotopeX 2g containers on the inside of the bed. It looks like there should be enough room for one to mount just above the bed rail.

Up until this point I was set on the ACE Upper Decker, but with some more functionality added to it, your sports bar could change that.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also liking the tie down cleats you have on the outside of the bed rails. Those could allow people to lash down a canvas cover if they wanted to (not my thing, but a good option).

Is the ladder on the overland rack movable, or does it have to be mounted in that spot above the fender? A track system at the top would be cool to allow people to position it exactly where they wanted it.

You guys are designing some really cool stuff. Keep up the good work.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Now we are talking - finally a bed rack that is pretty close to the Wayout concept... I am going to have to combine this with the Rebel Offroad roof rack... I wish/hope that we can still utilize the sides of the rack by bolting on some form of paneling to hold tred boards and water/gas tanks etc...

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
Absolutely agree. I personally rigged a rhino rack platform on my bed rails, and then put a softtopper over just to have security in the bed, but weatherproofing all around for trips. I’d happily replace the system though if a rack system came out that allowed functionality, and space over the softtopper. My current solution definitely isn’t a perfect fit.

I'm also liking the tie down cleats you have on the outside of the bed rails. Those could allow people to lash down a canvas cover if they wanted to (not my thing, but a good option).

Is the ladder on the overland rack movable, or does it have to be mounted in that spot above the fender? A track system at the top would be cool to allow people to position it exactly where they wanted it.
5B8EDFD8-4DD7-46E3-93A0-3E95D235E412.jpeg

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
@Maximus-3 for the sport bar/roll bar, will it be possible to install cross bars, in order to add on a bike carrier for example? i suspect that would involve custom adaptors. thanks!
Sponsored