Maximus-3 trifecta of rack solutions for the Jeep Gladiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubiconus Maximus
It looks like the decked system is taking the place of the tonneau cover..mounted under the trail rail system. How quickly removable is the decking?
Sponsored

Dorbritz

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Jeep Wrangler, 65 VW Beetle, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray.
Agreed. It’s been extremely frustrating. I called and placed my name on the list and was told some time in June. I am emailed multiple times with no response in hopes I could have in by the first week Of July for a trip to Colorado. It didn’t happen and I had to pack as best as I could for a trip that I was hoping to bring more on.

Sadly I will wait for the rack because it’s the one I want but I don’t understand empty promises and poor customer service. I have experienced this many times already from companies who make a top notch product but shitty customer service.

Yeah, that's the problem with this company. They string you along, always next week or at the end of the month. I know the covid thing set things back, but be honest. Say what it really is, two months or six months, whatever the real case is.

I already moved on to another rack and had a canvas cover made for it. Following just to see how long they take to get this out on the market. It still is one of the best looking, but time is a wasting.

Reactions: dwl

outcastjt

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU 2020 JT
Occupation
Self Employeed
Let's cut these guys some slack folks, we waited 27 years for the Gladiator, this won't kill us. 2020 is just a shit year, I'm happy to be able to drive a JT, just gonna focus on other upgrades in the meantime.

smccolough

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Let's cut these guys some slack folks, we waited 27 years for the Gladiator, this won't kill us. 2020 is just a shit year, I'm happy to be able to drive a JT, just gonna focus on other upgrades in the meantime.
I dont have a problem it they say it will be September 1st before the release, but when they next week for the reveal and it does not happen thats poor planning and customer service. You can’t plan one week out !!

outcastjt

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU 2020 JT
Occupation
Self Employeed
I dont have a problem it they say it will be September 1st before the release, but when they next week for the reveal and it does not happen thats poor planning and customer service. You can’t plan one week out !!
I totally understand. I went through the same with Ace Engineering when I ordered their new fenders and trail doors for my JKU. I actually paid and had to wait. but it was well worth not having to settle for a second choice.

Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
radio silence on actual release since 23 June " look for big reveal next week" then 30 June "nearly ready for release".

We need to get a realistic release timeline, not hopes and dreams and then silence.......and before people say give them a break because of the times we live in "COVID-19", if they didn't want backlash, then do not provide false hopes....explain the issue, and say a timeline that is more realistic. That is what I have to do in Construction, so why should it be different for product production.

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
HR
There are several camping trips in my near future. Being able to order and install at least one of the racks, roof or bed, would be ideal. I can't keep waiting another month.

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator
There are several camping trips in my near future. Being able to order and install at least one of the racks, roof or bed, would be ideal. I can't keep waiting another month.
Their roof rack is available on their website. Great product. Have it installed on mine already.

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
HR
Their roof rack is available on their website. Great product. Have it installed on mine already.
I see that now. Before I order can you tell me if I need to order anything additional to go with the rack. Also, is it bolt on and go?

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see that now. Before I order can you tell me if I need to order anything additional to go with the rack. Also, is it bolt on and go?
So it all depends what you want. The roof rack they have on their website will come with everything such as Maximus-3 brackets and rhino rack platform. (Pictured below)

However they sell numerous other options for it such has a half rack (best way to describe it is that is an added bar that makes the platform into more of a basket but only in the frontside, hence “half” rack), they offer a full rack which makes the whole platform into a basket, marker lights and flood lights. Not to mention it’s a rhino rack platform so you can buy anything that goes on these platforms that fit your needs.

As far as install, a forum member did a install video on his gladiator. Search it on YouTube or I believe it’s already posted in the roof rack thread. Essentially you need to take apart some interior trim pieces. Remove roof. Drill holes. Install. Reassemble. It’s easy and stressful at the same time because you do need to drill through your top. But measure measure and measure and double check before you drill and you shouldn’t have any problems! If I was able to do it, anyone can. I used a combination of the install instructions and the YouTube install video.
466A22E4-1560-415D-B02F-AA4C32EC0872.jpeg

Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to hold out for the overland bed rack...but am going to get the Halo 2.0 roof rack by Rebel offroad, it extends over the freedom panels while still allowing the removal of them

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to hold out for the overland bed rack...but am going to get the Halo 2.0 roof rack by Rebel offroad, it extends over the freedom panels while still allowing the removal of them
Maximus roof rack hangs about halfway past the back of the freedom panel. Any further and I think it would be impossible to get the freedom panels off

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Maximus roof rack hangs about halfway past the back of the freedom panel. Any further and I think it would be impossible to get the freedom panels off
They had a video of them being removed while the rack was installed. The rack is a little higher off (I think they said 3.5" from top of panel to underside of rack) the roof than the maximus one, good thing I have a taller garage door, lol

Kch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,1932 ford sedan,1932 ford coupe,1931 ford sedan,1959 Olds custom1959 Olds custom
Hey Maximus-3 can we get an update? Thanks.

CapnCaveman

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I also have been waiting like a kid at Christmas. And i had a trip to Northern Maine to make, so i found what i think is a great compromises that looks like it will still work with the maximus bed rack. I got the Front Runners Gladiator Bed rack. big enough for a RTT. Bolts into the trail rails, and only rises up the the bottom of the sliding window and inside the bed walls. in other words, it looks like it will continue to function as a shelf inside the Maximus Rack. and as a bonus it sits low enough that thieves can’t remove most large items or sufficiently open most storage boxes within.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.