Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have the Spiderwebshade installed and it's been so for about 2 years now. It's a good quality product and does a great job of cutting down on the sun and heat. That being said, if I ever replace it, I'm going to go with J-Tops. The Spiderwebshade flaps a lot in the center while driving. Also, the coverage leaves gaps where it connects since it is bungee. The J-Tops shade has full coverage from roll bar to roll bar and a magnetic strip along the front as well.

pp7Jkhsh.jpg

HGrzk5ah.jpg
Sponsored

flatboycms

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Account Rep
I had a spiderwebshade on my JK. It is thicker than the one I bought prior (do not recall what brand the first one was). It provided better shade and did not fade like the first one did. Definitely worth the extra$$$

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKUS, 05 Dodge 2500 CTD
It's too bad Bartact doesn't make a mesh top for the JT. We have one on our JKU and it is fantastic. Looking at the options that are out there for the JT, the JTops one sure looks like the best to me. You want these things as tight as can be and the JTops appears to have that nailed.

On our JKU, the mesh top is on with the soft top down 95% or more of the time from mid April to October. Love it.

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Another vote for @SPIDERWEBSHADE ....Have them on both Jeeps. Love the fact you don’t have to remove them for anything. Fantastic fit and quality.

Have a helluva deal on a Mopar one if interested. Brand new never out of box.

Jeep Gladiator Mesh top recommendations? HGrzk5ah

Thanks for the review. Those WARN doors are PIMP!

Perkins@02

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Heathcare Administration
Another vote for @SPIDERWEBSHADE ....Have them on both Jeeps. Love the fact you don’t have to remove them for anything. Fantastic fit and quality.

Have a helluva deal on a Mopar one if interested. Brand new never out of box.

B18D6948-1537-479F-A60C-AA7DFAF5A10A.jpeg

C86DC78D-06F4-4595-8FF3-E137CCAE76EE.jpeg
How much for the mopar with shipping to Corpus Christi Texas? Thanks.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Spoke to JTops and they are currently working on a model for people who have soft tops. You won't have to remove the shade. But will be about June or so possibly

Tankmix1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I really like the Shadeidea. Two piece makes it much easier to get tight

I had to loosen the windshield, but that's no big deal. You get a little bag for the grab handle too.

It's a relatively cheap and easy addition that's one of my favorite things I've done to my Jeep yet

(those fold marks have since gone away, that was right after I installed it)
I like it...if I'm getting this right, You can just order the front shade only? Got grand kids sometimes, so the back doors need to stay on...loosening the windshield has me a little concerned as I'm not the best after market install man...how difficult is it to install? TY and safe travels

PapiSmurf

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
You have to loosen the windshield to install the spiderweb shade as well. I have the spiderweb shade and I like it. I've never tried anything else though.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I like it...if I'm getting this right, You can just order the front shade only? Got grand kids sometimes, so the back doors need to stay on...loosening the windshield has me a little concerned as I'm not the best after market install man...how difficult is it to install? TY and safe travels
Yes, they do sell just the front, and it works with the doors on as well. I currently have doors on with the shade

It was pretty easy to install. Here's what I sent to another forum member who asked

Loosening the windshield just made the install easier. You could fish the bungee in between the windshield and the roof frame but by removing the four bolts that attach the windshield to the frame it makes it really easy

You don’t have to remove the wipers or fold the whole thing down, just get the thing lose and you’ll be fine

The directions aren’t very good, but make sure you use the diagram on the back of the sheet that shows you which bungee goes where

If you need any help let me know

Jeep Gladiator Mesh top recommendations? IMG_5576.JPG

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I have the JTops shade on mine. Chose it because of the full coverage & the secure attachment. Plus the magnetic strip in the front to fold back when I put the hard top on. No whistling or other draw backs. Install takes about 10 minutes & once installed you never have to remove it again if you dont want to. I did remove it for the winter while I had a hard top on, but that was not necessary.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I just started shopping for one and I am in a coin toss situation between the JTops and the Shadeidea. This is tougher than I expected lol.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Pulled the trigger on the Shadeidea 2 piece, it was actually available on Amazon for the sale price of $149. It will be here on the 2nd so I will be able to provide some feedback.

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Does the JTop come out without messing with the windowshield?

I’d like a shade I can take off when I want the sun(morning) and slip back on when not(afternoon).
Sponsored