First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Self
Ok I was just going by my talking to them that they said it was not designed to be left on with the soft top and they were going to be coming out with a version in June that is designed for full time soft top usage.
No worries. I was a bit disappointed when I bought mine (used) . I didn't realize until after the fact that they are not "made" for use with a soft top. But I got such a good deal on the top that I made it work. :)
Sponsored

Reactions: BAT

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Full Spidy shade for me. Love it and it just stays on. Only issue is the openings for freedom panel clips are tight. You have to stretch them a little (if your hands are big like mine, even though I have a Rubicon sticker on my Max Tow 🤣) to loosen freedom latches. So far hasn’t been stretched out.

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
Recently installed ShadeIdea. Front only. Pretty nice About $75.
Jeep Gladiator Mesh top recommendations? IMG_0606.JPG

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Nothing looks or works as good as good as the ones from Jtopsusa period. Tried spidershade, tried all the ones on Amazon and are garbage compared to the Jtopsusa version.
It’s expensive but like everything else on the JT you get what you pay for.

The Spidershade version flops all over the place because there is no support in the center so I returned that within a day. All the rest use the anal bead bungee that I hate, it looks cheap and they let in light around the sides of the shade itself.

Not paid by them btw just wasted a lot money until I found them.

https://www.jtopsusa.com/product-page/Jeep-gladiator-sun-shade-top

You’re welcome.

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
I have the Jtops sun shade. The only question I have is has anyone figured out the easiest way to open/close the freedom panel latches next to the door? Trying to move the latch through the sun shade mesh is just a little awkward.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Occupation
Professionally unemployed
Thanks for all the responses. I went with the Jtopusa. I texted them and ask about military discount and took 10% off.
I'm still waiting for it to arrive.
Again thanks for the imputs.
images.jpeg-1.jpg

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Thanks for starting this thread, I just ordered the spiderwebshade. It was a touch call between that and the Jtops but what did it for me was aesthetics. I just liked the way the spiderwebshade looked a little better than Jtops.

My only concern with it is the flapping issue but most of my topless driving is around town and not at highway speeds so hopefully it will work out.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I’ve had both the JTops and a spiderweb on my JL. Both of them flap. When my JT arrives soon I am getting the yet to be released HotHeads top. They told me about it when I ordered my headliner panels last week. They said it should hit the street in a few weeks.

Last edited:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had both the JTops and a spiderweb on my JL. Both of them flap. When my JT arrives soon I am getting the yet you be released HotHeads top. They told me about it when I ordered my headliner panels last week. They said it should hit the street in a few weeks.
Hot heads has one coming out? Got a link. They are local to me & I would change just to help support some local guys if its decent.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Hot heads has one coming out? Got a link. They are local to me & I would change just to help support some local guys if its decent.
From my email with them last week, …they said to take a look at “Hothead Sunshade for the JL Sky One-Touch to get a better idea. It will be similar, other than how it attaches in the front. It will go all the way to the sides and we also won't have a bunch of the straps dangling all over like other brands.”

I’m in. And the one for the JL Skytouch they made is $189, so that is very competitive.

On timing for launch, I asked and they said, “We're hoping in a few weeks.”

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From my email with them last week, …they said to take a look at “Hothead Sunshade for the JL Sky One-Touch to get a better idea. It will be similar, other than how it attaches in the front. It will go all the way to the sides and we also won't have a bunch of the straps dangling all over like other brands.”

I’m in. And the one for the JL Skytouch they made is $189, so that is very competitive.

On timing for launch, I asked and they said, “We're hoping in a few weeks.”
Guess I’ll have to wait and see what they do. I can’t imagine an attachment method without straps that doesn’t require some sort of heavy modification. For the jl top linked it makes sense since there is already a track there. But we don’t have anything like that in the jt’s

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Guess I’ll have to wait and see what they do. I can’t imagine an attachment method without straps that doesn’t require some sort of heavy modification. For the jl top linked it makes sense since there is already a track there. But we don’t have anything like that in the jt’s
I was thinking the same thing….waiting to see what they come up with. I don’t think they would attach with grommets to the toolbar trim screws, that would be bad, so I can imagine how they attach it. She did say, without a bunch of dangly straps though. She took my email and will notify when ready to sell/ship. I’ll post here when I do that.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking the same thing….waiting to see what they come up with. I don’t think they would attach with grommets to the toolbar trim screws, that would be bad, so I can imagine how they attach it. She did say, without a bunch of dangly straps though. She took my email and will notify when ready to sell/ship. I’ll post here when I do that.
one thing that could potentially work is magnets. all the way down both sides and across the front and center. then a limited amount of straps just to hold tension. But yeah I’m interested in seeing what’s up. They do good work and I like supporting local and sporting small businesses.. given that I drive past them in my way to work everyday that I actually go into the office and it’s ran out of their garage (it’s a very big garage for being attached to a house, but still just a garage) they fit both of those.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
one thing that could potentially work is magnets. all the way down both sides and across the front and center. then a limited amount of straps just to hold tension. But yeah I’m interested in seeing what’s up. They do good work and I like supporting local and sporting small businesses.. given that I drive past them in my way to work everyday that I actually go into the office and it’s ran out of their garage (it’s a very big garage for being attached to a house, but still just a garage) they fit both of those.
If you can swing by and get more gouge that would be helpful. I’m excited about a new design.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for starting this thread, I just ordered the spiderwebshade. It was a touch call between that and the Jtops but what did it for me was aesthetics. I just liked the way the spiderwebshade looked a little better than Jtops.

My only concern with it is the flapping issue but most of my topless driving is around town and not at highway speeds so hopefully it will work out.
Full spiderwebshade on mine, been on about a year, blue in color No noise, no flopping around. Tight to get the front panel latches, but no complaints. Easy install. It simply works. Stays on all the time.
I'm sure all of them work fine and all have their followers.
Sort of like what's the best........ ok, won't go there.......
Sponsored