Sponsored

Metal Cloak Flares

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Welp, since factory Rubi flares have been back ordered for over 18 months I’ve lost my patience and have decided on aftermarket. I wish there was a source that provided as much coverage as the factory with more underside clearance but I don’t think any exist. I’ve decided to take a close look at the Metal Cloak flares. No one local to me has them that I am aware of so it’s pics only and feedback online, so please lay it on me! I like that they are steel, beefy as hell and provide a ton of clearance. Not sure I like how little coverage they provide especially on the leading edge of the front flares. Cost is a non factor.
Sponsored

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak Flares C205D9E1-4DF5-45DD-B3F2-888DDE80306D

I also was looking at ordering a set of rubicon flares but the back order date kept being moved further out. So I ended up with metalcloaks. I really like them but like you mentioned they don’t provide as much coverage.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Have you looked at the Bushwacker flares? Similar look as MC, but appear to have almost the same coverage as factory. I’ve been considering them, but would like to see them in person also.

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak Flares C205D9E1-4DF5-45DD-B3F2-888DDE80306D

I also was looking at ordering a set of rubicon flares but the back order date kept being moved further out. So I ended up with metalcloaks. I really like them but like you mentioned they don’t provide as much coverage.
I have the same Arcus bumper, can you post a pic from straight on so I can see how tapered in the front flares appear from straight in front.
Also curious what you did for inner liners? Thanks!

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked at the Bushwacker flares? Similar look as MC, but appear to have almost the same coverage as factory. I’ve been considering them, but would like to see them in person also.
I have not. I’ve found most of the BW products to be lesser quality to hit a lower price point. I will check them out since you mention they may have the features I am looking for but I will take a hard look at the quality while I am at it.

Sponsored

Rvalas

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
Still looking for rubi flares? PM me, might work something out.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak Flares F39212C4-1FAB-45E1-9BC1-DEEB470D34B9
Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak Flares 97AE878B-5DCA-478B-8B84-88CAB3ACA80C

these are the only ones I have in my phone right now. I went metalcloak for inner fenders also. There are cheaper ones out there but I have read of some people having fitting issues. Mine all bolted in with no problems.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo

these are the only ones I have in my phone right now. I went metalcloak for inner fenders also. There are cheaper ones out there but I have read of some people having fitting issues. Mine all bolted in with no problems.
Look awesome, The Metal Cloaks would be my choice. How much of a lift is that?