Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Hello,

Currently researching for a purchase of a Rubicon Gladiator. One thing I'm not super thrilled about is the red colored dash. I've seen several dealerships advertise a "Metal-Look Instrument Panel" which (from the pictures) replaces the red dash with a more metallic looking one.

I've been looking over the build sheet, and don't see this option. Am I overlooking something?
Sponsored

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
If you order the Dark Saddle (ALTV) leather you get this instead of the red.
Jeep Gladiator Metal-Look Instrument Panel? darksaddle

OP
OP
u-joint

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Thanks @mog!

Yeah, I did notice that one. What's interesting though is that these that I'm seeing have cloth interriors, not tan leather.

For example:

Jeep Gladiator Metal-Look Instrument Panel? 1620180405686

Here's the window sticker:

Jeep Gladiator Metal-Look Instrument Panel? 1620180476007

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Looks like they are just swapping with another trim. I don't think this is a customizable option. You can still see the red stitching.

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Thanks @mog!
Yeah, I did notice that one. What's interesting though is that these that I'm seeing have cloth interriors, not tan leather.
Interesting. All the Rubicons at my dealer were leather (black) and all had red dashes. I ordered Dark Saddle as I like that color leather and a side benefit for me was no red dash (like you, I am not a fan of that).
The one you posted is a Nacho exterior, so perhaps the metallic color dash comes with certain exterior colors? It would seem that Nacho and Red would really clash, but what do I know, after 'the incident' I had to leave design school in shame :crying:

Sponsored

OP
OP
u-joint

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Looks like they are just swapping with another trim. I don't think this is a customizable option. You can still see the red stitching.
That's more along the lines of what I was beginning to think. This seems to be a dealer added option. I'm guessing this is just some type of "sticker" they're placing over the existing dash.

Interesting. All the Rubicons at my dealer were leather (black) and all had red dashes. I ordered Dark Saddle as I like that color leather and a side benefit for me was no red dash (like you, I am not a fan of that).
The one you posted is a Nacho exterior, so perhaps the metallic color dash comes with certain exterior colors? It would seem that Nacho and Red would really clash, but what do I know, after 'the incident' I had to leave design school in shame :crying:
Yeah, all the build sheets I've tweaked I've always added the tan leather seats. I'm so-so about the tan leather, but it's a LOT nicer than a red dash clashing with, well, just about any other color :LOL:

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Re-paint your dash any color you want. There are videos on YouTube on how to do it. I just painted mine Sarge Green to match my Sarge Glad. Looks awesome with the orange vent rings, too.
Sponsored